PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Jake: 2.5 year tri male needs adult home

Karlin
7th November 2006, 02:00 AM
Jake is a gorgeous friendly male tricolour, neutered and up to date on vax, looking for an adult home or a home with teen children only.

While Jake has been used to visiting small children in his original home he has not been comfortable with them since he was rehomed (he was to have been homed with his companion Max but his owners decided to home the dogs themselves and the two were split). His new home had small children visiting regularly so with reluctance they need to place him again for adoption.

According to his original owners: he has been an at-home dog and hasn't had obedience. So, a training class would help give him self-confidence and learn to feel calmer and more in control and should help to lessen his uncertainty around small children, especially now that he is on his own. A trainer will be able to advise on how to help him get used to small kids. Attending a good training class will be a condition of homing this lovely boy. He was in a home with teens and adored them, so older kids are no problem for him. He is just a bit fearful of small ones.

http://static.flickr.com/109/268468461_8265189f68.jpg

Cathy Moon
7th November 2006, 02:11 AM
What a lovely, handsome boy! Hope he finds a loving home soon! :flwr:

Cathy T
7th November 2006, 02:25 AM
Oh my gosh...he is beautiful!

SHANO
7th November 2006, 03:23 AM
He's VERY pretty! Hopefully he'll get a great home soon!

Maxxs_Mummy
7th November 2006, 12:39 PM
Oh he is gorgeous. What a beautiful soft face he's got. Hope he soon finds his forever home with his teenagers :flwr:

merlinsmum
7th November 2006, 02:22 PM
My goodness he is just adorable.. Hope he finds a forever home soon to put a smile on that gorgeous face. :flwr:

sallymum
7th November 2006, 06:38 PM
Looking like he does he should find a home no bother :D

ellie and charlie
7th November 2006, 07:39 PM
what a lovely dog,if he was near me in uk i would defentlity give him a loving home with my cavis.cross fingers for him ;)

Lisa_T
7th November 2006, 11:47 PM
I can't offer a home at this point, but I'm willing to foster him, even if it's long term. You never know; it may become permanent. :D

Karlin
8th November 2006, 12:53 AM
He is OK for foster at the moment; it's an offer of a permanent home that he needs. :) He's safe with the SPCA at the moment.

Alison_Leighfield
8th November 2006, 08:17 AM
He is a stunner..... :) a really lovely looking boy...looks a bit like my lady on the left...

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

joanna
8th November 2006, 03:57 PM
I've sent his details onto a couple of people Karlin - I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Karlin
8th November 2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks -- just heard from his original owner; who says he has been fine with kids in the past so I think this is a minor issue of stress and uncertainty -- think he'll be fine with kids with a little TLC and support.

pippa
9th November 2006, 08:41 PM
He reminds me so much of Pippin and they are about the same age.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/sallyann/pip.jpg
I hope he finds a new home soon he must be missing his companion too :(

Harry & Heidi's mom
9th November 2006, 09:09 PM
:( i have little kids well aged 10 and almost 7 so rules me out.

Lisa_T
9th November 2006, 10:59 PM
Karlin, if you have no luck with him being rehomed, get back in touch with me.

pippa
14th November 2006, 02:37 AM
Any news on a home for jake yet?

Karlin
16th November 2006, 02:01 PM
I hope to have a home arranged for him this weekend. He really needs a home where people are not gone all day as he's always had a companion dog.

Karlin
16th November 2006, 04:45 PM
Home pending. :)

Maxxs_Mummy
16th November 2006, 09:45 PM
Oh thank goodness for that. I've been thinking so much about this little man. If I didn't have so much on at the minute I'd have taken him for you but it just wouldn't be fair on him right now.

Until Christmas my schedule is a bit manic to say the least and I like to be around at least 23 hours out of 24 when I get a foster or a newbie in otherwise they think they've been abandoned :(

Karlin
20th November 2006, 03:13 AM
Homed. :)

Nicki
20th November 2006, 12:30 PM
Great news Karlin - well done :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
20th November 2006, 12:33 PM
:w**h**: Hope he'll be really happy in his new home :flwr:

pippa
20th November 2006, 09:51 PM
I'm so glad!