• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Play Group

Cathy Moon

:w*w: Wow, I just got an email from the training center I've been going to, and the owner is thinking of having a Cavalier play group! It's called North Coast Dogs, and they have a website.

Is there anyone else here from the Cleveland, Ohio area? Who would be interested in a Cavalier play group? :w**h**:

Oh fun! Too cute! I'd love to start one out here when I get my little guy...

Cathy, I'm about 20min east of Cleveland. Where is the facility?

I'd like details!

I used North Coast Dogs for some early training, but it was under it's original owner. I'm pretty sure he sold the business a couple of years ago?

Barb, Yes, the original owner sold the business to Ed Dickson, who is a great guy. I think he bought it in 2003. Ed's wife has her photography studio there, too, and she takes wonderful photos of people and their dogs! Check out their web site.
http://www.northcoastdogs.com/index.html

North Coast Dogs moved about a year ago to a facility on Berea Road just south of Detroit Road in Cleveland, very close to Lakewood. They share a building with a doggy day care.

Ed just emailed me yesterday; I am going to email him today. I'll let him know you're interested, and I'm going to let my neighbors know, too. They have a lovely 11 year old blenheim. :flwr:

Thank you, Cathy! Lakewood is not too bad of a drive for me. :drivecar:

Please keep me updated as this progresses...thanks!

Yes, Donna - heaven!!! :lol:

Barb, Ed says he's going to pick a date in December, but it won't be during the 4 day dog show at the IX center. :D

:updte:
Here's the latest:
The Cavalier Play Group will happen on Saturday, Dec. 9th from 2-4:00pm
Cost is $8.00 per dog and bring vaccination records.
Call or email RSVP
The announcement will be in the November newsletter, which will be posted this weekend - the newsletter can be accessed from the North Coast Dog website:
http://www.northcoastdogs.com/ :jump:

Oh - I live 4 hours away - I wish I lived closer. It sounds like so much fun and I'd love to meet other people on this webboard and their cavaliers.

Cathy - Will they accept titer records? We don't vaccinate except for rabies. We live very close to Barb and would love to come too :)

Jackie said:
Cathy - Will they accept titer records? We don't vaccinate except for rabies. We live very close to Barb and would love to come too :)
Hi Jackie, I don't know. Please ask Ed - you can email from his website. :flwr:

Jackie said:
Jackie, I have emailed Ed to let him know about your situation and to expect your email. Please let us know what he says! :flwr:

Cathy, I emailed Ed tonight to ask about Clancy's vaccine records. At the time of the playgroup he will have had two distemper/parvo puppy shots.

I'm not quite sure that's enough for a group situation....what do you think? I don't want to expose him unnecessarily to anything, but I would love to bring him along.

Barb, you don't know how bad I want to meet your little guy! I need a puppy fix sooooo bad! :)

You might want to check with your vet - just to be absolutely certain Clancy has enough protection. I will probably cry if he cannot attend, but his health and safety comes first.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for this play group to be a big success - maybe we could get a regularly scheduled one! :flwr:

Cathy Moon said:
Barb, you don't know how bad I want to meet your little guy! I need a puppy fix sooooo bad! :)

You might want to check with your vet - just to be absolutely certain Clancy has enough protection. I will probably cry if he cannot attend, but his health and safety comes first.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for this play group to be a big success - maybe we could get a regularly scheduled one! :flwr:

Consulting my vet won't do me any good! He is already in disagreement with the vaccination protocol Laura has suggested to me. I'm going to e-mail her as well and get her opinion. I'll let you know what I find out.

Cathy - I did receive a response from Ed and they do accept titers. I figured they would since titers are becoming common now and more accepted. yippee !!

Barb - Do you still want to meet up and go together :drivecar: ;)

Jackie said:
Cathy - I did receive a response from Ed and they do accept titers. I figured they would since titers are becoming common now and more accepted. yippee !!

Barb - Do you still want to meet up and go together :drivecar: ;)

Yes, Jackie, I do!

Do you still see that holistic vet? Could you email me about him/her?
Thanks!

YIPPEE, Cathy... Ed said that Clancy is welcome to the playgroup with the amount of vacs he will have at that time :drivecar: :drivecar:

I am waiting to hear Laura's opinion before I decide for sure, but there is one less hurdle to clear! :jump:

Back