PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on new pup



estelle
8th November 2006, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you all know we've come to a decision about the new pup.... We're going to leave it for a while and just concentrate on Charlie ;)
Plus just today we got the go ahead for our new kitchen so the place is going to be like a bomb site for a while and that's noooooooooo place for a new pup :yikes
Can't help feeling a little gutted though :( but i know we've made the right decision ;)
Thanks for all your advice :flwr: I just hope the breeder understands and isn't too cross :oops:

I did post this on the end of the previous post but then thought maybe poeople would notice this one better :sl*p:

cecily
8th November 2006, 05:07 PM
Just catching up on this....
I think you're really wise to wait. I know the prospect of another puppy is really exciting... I'd be doing cartwheels. But concentrating on Charlie will be the best thing for the time being. You'll be amazed how fast his first year will go and when you eventually do get a pup you'll be wondering how on earth you could have even considered getting him when Charlie was a pup too!! :lol:

Barbara Nixon
8th November 2006, 05:30 PM
I know how you feel , but it's the right decision for the moment.

I booked a tricolour boy, but the breeder who knows me asked me to give him up, because someone else had lost their dog suddenly and she didn't know of anyone else with puppies. Every other potential owner needed a companion for another dog or would only have their puppy, so I was the only one to ask.
I felt gutted , but agreed, however, if i hadn't , I wouldn't have had Joly.



http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/Img_0150.jpg

Cathy T
8th November 2006, 10:44 PM
I think you are making a wise decision. Get Charlie all straightened out, get your kitchen done...and then you'll know if you're ready.

Lisa_T
8th November 2006, 10:52 PM
I do sympathise. I was on the verge of offering a forever home to Jake, but.... I don't think it would be wise at this point in time. Especially not for you when you're getting a new kitchen in- that's enough chaos for anyone :yikes :yikes

molly+charlies mum
8th November 2006, 11:04 PM
lisa i love the names of your cavaliers my 8yr old daughter is called amber holly :D

Alison_Leighfield
9th November 2006, 06:57 AM
Yes, the right move...if in ANY doubt...don't.

I'm sure the breeder will respect your integrity on the whole matter :thmbsup:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.