• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

hello from orlando!

mt0382

Hi everyone, what a great site this is!! My name is Marisa and I have a 7mth old pup named Henry. This is my first dog and I have fallen in love with the breed. Henry has learned so many behaviors, but he still is a puppy and has his moments where I wonder if there even is a brain inside that little bean of his anyway. Just wanted to say hello and im so glad to see that there are so many other loving parents out there!!!!! :) :D

Goodness! Does everyone in Florida have a cavalier? If so, I'm packing my bags and heading south! :drivecar: (That way maybe I won't get asked 40 times a day "Is that a cocker???") :roll:

icon_welcome icon_welcome icon_welcome

Welcome Marisa. Henry looks like a little doll. Yes, they do have brains in those little heads...it just takes a while til they start using them...and when they do...watch out! :lol:

Welcome. I just came back from Cape Coral, Florida. I was visiting my friend. She moved down there last year and I have been to visit her twice already. She is seriously tempting me to move down there. You live in a very beautiful state. My next trip is in March 2007 in Orlando for a business conference. I can't wait. Too bad I can't take my cavaliers with me on the trip.

Hi Marisa and welcome~! Henry sounds gorgeous...post some pics up of him!'

(That way maybe I won't get asked 40 times a day "Is that a cocker???")

tell me bout it!! the other day i was walking by and a little girl and her mum was walking by and they stopped to play with my dogs...the lady asked if the were cockers and i said no they were cavalier king charles spaniels...she then goes...oh they are such wonderful dogs!...then the girl says "mum can we get a cocker spaniel"..and im thinking (did you not just hear what i said?? :roll: )...and then the mum goes "maybe",,and she turns to leave and says "your cocker spaniels are gorgeous"....what in the world??????????????????

I normally get aren't they beautiful girl dogs..... hope the boys don't get offended, I normally just say yes Busta, Woody and Ozzy are great boys..... and see if they notice.

I get that too - "ohh isn't she lovely?" and your like "Yes , HE is!"

I wouldn't mind but as Merlin doesn't have that much feathering underneath and Oakley has no feathering at all its pretty obvious that they are not girls! :lol: :lol:

Girls seem to have much sweeter, smilier faces than boys who seem to have the cheekier, naughtier look :roll:

Spencer gets the girl comment every time! He could even be in clothing that is CLEARLY for a boy.

I just say "Yes he is such a good boy!" :D :lol:

Welcome to you and Henry! Please post photos of you and your lovely little boy soon...we are CRAZY for puppy pics around here!

Hi from Alabama, Marissa and Henry,

Welcome to the site, from an exhausted Mom to an 11 wk old baby girl, Lily. This site has been a life saver for me in the couple of weeks I've been a member. I forgot how hard having a new puppy is. My poor husband gets up with her at 2:00 AM and at 4:00 AM. I get up at 6:00 with her and she's mine for the rest of the day.

My husband's kids are here today, and this is the first time they are seeing Lily. She is having the time of her life, as are the kids. She is so excited that potty training has taken a nose dive. I hope she gets it soon!

Everybody thinks Lily is a Cocker too, except when I take her to the pet store.

Again, Welcome icon_welcome

thank you!!!

thank you everyone for the warm welcome !!!! i posted some cute pics of Henry in puppy pics if you are interested !!!!

:p also i had a few behavioral questions that i will post as well in training, if you have extra time i'd love to hear your input!!!

thanks again everyone - Marisa

Hi neighbor!! I'm from Tampa so we aren't too far away! This is a fantastic site for learning more about the breed (and I thought I was an experienced dog owner). It turns out that this breed is not a dog, more like a small, super happy child that will never grow past age 6. They are wonderful (I have two..hopefully three by Christmas if I can convince the hubby) icon_whistling

It is nice to see another Floridian! I think we are a rare breed as everyone seems to be from either up north or Europe!!! icon_welcome

Nope....I think Alabama is about as far South as you can get. There really aren't many Southerners though. And you're right, these dogs are not really dogs. Not sure what they are, but certainly not dogs. LOL

Hey ya'll....don't forget about us Tennesseans :lol: We may not be coastal but we are about as Southern as they come :flwr:

Hi Lindsay, I didn't forget ya. We love Tennessee and the Chattanooga Choo-Choo! :D :D

Back