• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tail chasing

cecily

Tandie has been doing a lot of this just in the last few days. Like when she gets up from a nap she'll usually chase her tail around, turning 5 or 6 times. It's not excessive, but it has definitely increased a lot since her operation. I know this can be symptomatic of something, but can't remember how it came up before and couldn't find it in a search!

We'll be bringing her to the vets monday anyway to get stitches out... is it something I should be worried about? :?

Is Tandy still wearing a babygro (onesie)?

If so, is the hole you cut for her tail bothering her? It may itch, or tickle her.

Holly went through a phase of tail chasing (now I think of it, maybe it was just after she was spayed) that drove me nuts, but she got over it eventually, and now only does it when she's doing her 'Holly dance' (and then only when she's trying to convince me to go in another direction :lol: ). Or when she wants to poo.

Audrey has chased her tail since day one! She does it less now at age 2.5 but if she feels cooped up or frustrated around she goes. I also think since she is an "only dog" it is a way of playing by herself. I don't really worry much about it as it has become less frequent the older she gets.

Gus chases his tail on the days that he doesn't get a good walk in... it is like he has too much energy. He did it a lot after he was fixed because I couldn't walk him for a few days.

Riley does it too. Seems to do it when he is bored, he is an only dog. I just distract him with a sound or a toy, seems to work. Unless it's excessive i don't know that tail chasing is something to worry about.

Back