• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

nose is turning brown

ellie and charlie

my young bitch ellie her nose as gone brown it looks like all the black as faded off.as any one else had this and dose it go back black?

It's not all that uncommon for the nose to turn brown. Nothing to be concerned about from the standpoint of health. It won't go back to black, at least not as far as I have ever heard.

Sam, our first cavaliers nose turned brown on the top. We used to say it was where he sniffed so many things :lol:

I dont know how to post a link, but if you go to my thread in the in memorium section you can see the change in colour on his nose in the garden photo.

It's usually a Blenheim or ruby thing ( because the black coated dogs have more pigment genes ?)and refered to as putty nose. Some preople swear it's down to diet, but if so , why of my four Blenheims , all fed the same, do only Monty and Izzy have browny noses ? Monty's is quite brown, but Izzy's has a browny tinge. It does vary slightly with the amount of sunlight, but I can't remember which way.

It's only cosmetic and does no harm.

Back