• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A good sign....

judy

yesterday, when i let Zack out in the morning, he was, as usual, carrying a toy in his mouth. This time, it was a soft tennis ball sized fleece covered ball that has a squeaker inside. It's great for playing fetch inside the house becausde it's soft and lightweight, but is round like a ball. Once in a while, and yesterday was one of those times, he drops the toy and then pees on it. Usually he drops it and them moves somewhere else to pee, but yesterday, as i cringed, he peed on the ball. The fleece covering means its an absorbant ball too. :? Then, he ran around a little bit, and then i watched him go back to the ball. but when he saw it had pee on it, he walked away from it. Then i turned on the hose and squirted it off, trying to get all the pee off, it's now sitting on a shelf drying.

So, today, i was throwing a tennis ball from my chair in the living room, out the sliding glass door into the back yard and he was fetching it, as we do every day. I threw the ball on one occasion and could tell, though i couldn't see the ball, that it had landed in a place that wasn't hard to find. Yet he was not picking it up and bringing it back. He was putting his head down toward it, and then coming back up without it, and walking around it and approaching it from different angles, and still not picking it up. Usually he just does this if the ball is sitting too near the cat, or if it's stuck somehow, like under a table too far or somehting like that. So, finally i went out to see what the issue was. The ball was sitting next to an dried out poop i somehow missed when cleaning up. It wasn't touching the poop but it was very close to it. And that's apparently why he wasn't picking it up.

I take this as a sign he will not eat his poop. A good sign. :flwr:

:lol: a VERY good sign! :)
Judy, I throw tennis balls and fleece balls in the washer with their bedding and other toys. :flwr:

Hey I have three dogs that try to smell pee when ever any of the others pee..... wee wee heads. :D

Cathy T said:
It could be worse! Jake pees on Shelby when she walks by him :shock:

Poor Shelby :( Maxx pees on Charlie's head too - Charlie always has to stand by Maxx when he pees and so gets a soaking :roll:

Charlie also pees all over himself, he just can't seem to aim straight :roll:

We get through an awful lot of wet wipes in this house :lol:

If the ball is a Critter, they wash really well in the washing machine. We often have to put toys in , as they get left in the rain and covered with mud.

Here we have who can wee the highest contests. Joly started cocking his leg very early and used to topple over in his efforts (unsuccessful, of course) to be the best.

Love the new Avatar. Oh Judy Zack has grown so beautifully! Look at those lovely ears! :luv:
I would take it as a good sign that Zack will not eat his poop. Yay, one less thing to look out for right? :D

It could be worse! Jake pees on Shelby when she walks by him

Wesley does this to poor Cody ALL THE TIME. Needless to say the poor pup gets three times as many baths as anyone else. Poor Cody will be doing his business and Wesley will walk right up to him, look at me and lift his leg right on Cody. I'm so glad people don't do this. :lol:

Hopefully this will change a tad after Wesley is nuetered...

Who says humans dont do it? Hubby went out to take a leek a couple of weeks ago cos the toilets were full and jeremy walked under at the wrong moment, and well....... Needless to say that was not one for the wet wipes let me tell you.

selina wrote
Who says humans dont do it? Hubby went out to take a leek a couple of weeks ago cos the toilets were full and jeremy walked under at the wrong moment, and well....... Needless to say that was not one for the wet wipes let me tell you.

:yikes :shock: :yuk: :lol: omg!!! poor jeremy! well i guess its his fault for being so curious :lol:

Back