• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prayers for a sick pup...

laurenlyn1

I know it's not a Cavalier, but my boyfriends parents dog, Milo (a Jack Russel, there was just talk about JTRs...he's always been very nice, a little barky, but a very loving laid back pup) Well, he's very ill at the moment. He was throwing up and not eating since the begining of the week. My boyfriends mom was talking about it to the people at her work (luckly she works at a vet clinic at the front desk) he brought him in and they ran blood work. His liver count was in the 3000 range, and I guess it should only be in the 100's. Well, they gave him something to help him keep his food down, and an antibiotic. He wasn't getting any better and she had to bring him for a hospital stay on Thursday. He was barking a whole lot, so it guess it's good that he had some energy. But, I just called over there to see how he was doing and he got worse. I guess they did an ultrasound and they realized that there was something blocking his galbladder. My boyfriend stepdad said that they may have to take him to a school up in Madison Wisconson. I guess other people have had sucess going there for sickness that was out of the norm. He also mentioned that if they don't get this problem fixed, they will have to send poor Milo to the rainbow bridge. Milo is probably only 6 or 7 years old. He still has a lot of life left to live. I have no idea what could be causing this problem. His parents have 3 dogs, two mini schnauzers (ages 9 and 8 i think or something very close) and the Milo. He's the youngest one and he never really had any problems. THe schnauzers have all kinds of stuff going on with them...oh and I don't want to foget to mention that he had a rash at the end of last week. It went away, so I'm not sure if it's related or not. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong with this poor pup please post your input. Other than that, if every could please keep Milo in their thoughts and I will keep you all up to date when I know more.

:updte: Please go to the second page to read my update.

Hi Lauren. I hope everything turns out okay with little Milo. :xfngr:

Lucky sends hugs to him and Brady. :hug:

poor little guy. sad to hear about. hopefully the place in Madison can figure out what's wrong and treat it. If that's the University of Wisconsin, Madison, that is where the rabies challenge study will be conducted next year. I've looked at their website, their vet department, definitely a top knotch place. i'll be pulling for milo. :xfngr:

milofloppyorg72hw9.jpg

This is a picture of Milo, about 2 years ago, but he looks the same

Thinking of Milo hoping and praying for a positive outcome. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

:( oh poor milo!(btw love the name ;) ) the poor baby! ill be thinkng and praying for him up here...hopefully he'll get better. how are his family taking the news? ill be thinking of them to.:flwr:

my boyfriends step dad was pretty short with me when i called. i know it's because he's upset. when i talked to my boyfriends mom last night she wasn't sure what was wrong, and it was more of the lets see if he gets better, but i haven't talked to her since they found out that it's more serious than they thought. i was going to call, but she's the type of person that doesn't really like to talk about upsetting things because then she gets more upset. i'm sure i will call her tomorrow, not only to see what has happened, but it's also her birthday. what a way to spend a birthday.

:flwr:
I know it's not a Cavalier,
All dogs are precious, especially when thhey look like Milo! he looks like a real character...

My boyfriend stepdad said that they may have to take him to a school up in Madison Wisconson. I guess other people have had sucess going there for sickness that was out of the norm.

Lets hope they can do the business and sort this little guy out. It's such a worrying time when they're ill;the time seems to go so slow and you feel so helpless but it sounds like Milo will be in the best care possible with lots of experts on hand so PG he will recover soon.

Give your boyfriends mom a call; it doesn't matter if she gets short with you (you know the reason why) or gets upset. In the long run she will remember that you cared enough to call and that can't be a bad thing...

:flwr: :hug:

Poor Milo, hope they can find out how to help him get better. Sending out the positive thoughts and wishes for the best outcome. :flwr:

Poor Milo and his parents! We're sending positive thoughts for his recovery. I know there are plenty of nice JRTs out there, and he looks like he's one of the best, little sweetie-boy! Get well soon, Milo! :flwr:

Sending healing thoughts and prayers...we still love them even if they're not Cavaliers, still very special babies and I'm sure your boyfriend's parents must be frantic at the moment...

As Claire says, although it doesn't seem like it at the moment, they will appreciate that you cared enough to keep in touch...

Update on Milo:
His blood work seems to be getting better. They'll test again and if he continues to get better than what they are doing must be working and they won't have to take him up Wisconson and then he should be better. I sure hope get gets better. I've been with my boyfriend for 8 years and I remember when they brought Milo home for the first time.

:) that's such good news. thanks for posting the photo, what a sweet goofy face, what character--he looks strong, i hope he keeps barking and keeps getting better. :xfngr:

Back