• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Krazy story, but a good ending...

GusWilson

So little crazy man, Gus got into the trash last week and ate a tampon. I saw him rooting around in the trash and by the time I got to him it was too late. Gross! Well, needless to say I called the vet immediately and they said they get a lot of calls with the same problem, but that since he is a small breed to really watch him and make sure he passes it... I guess big dogs do this all the time. Anyway, 5 days go by and he is eating fine and pooing fine and still nothing! Well, last night at 3am, Gus jumped off the bed and I saw him in the corner dry heaving... and then he threw up the tampon... he seemed really scared that he threw up so much but I was so relieved that he did. So after I cleaned everything up and Gus had a drink of water, we went back to sleep and he is totally fine today. Boy, was I worried about him, and yes, I did get a new trash can with a LID!

I am so glad it came back up - sometimes I have to retch at what they try to eat.... poo, worms, my thongs, etc. I have even had to change my bin as it was wicker and Busta started to eat it.

I hear ya, Gus goes after my underwear and bras... it's always nice when I have a house guest and he comes running thru the room.. I say a little prayer that he didn't get into my hamper!

:lol: Glad he's ok again. You should keep a diary for Gus and in years to come you will get a lot of laughs reading it :roll: ..... Way ta go Gus :yuk:

that's gross all right. but a very happy ending. i was rooting for him all the way and glad to hear it finally came out. i no longer have tampon issues at my age but my previous dog frank really got into that particular delicacy, sanitary napkins actually. tampons went down the toilet in my day. :shock: :roll: :| speaking of which, Zack doesn't really chew much of anything (knock on wood), but one of his favorite things is getting up on his hind legs and watching the toilet flush. gotta wonder what he's thinking. He's done that since the day i brought him home and he still does it. :lol: It's one of many things about him that keeps me laughing.

Glad it came back up and everything is OK.

I always tell people that no matter how cute and sweet they are, they are still dogs and sometimes they just do gross things. In fact, sometimes I think they do these things to watch our reaction; just another form of entertainment for them :lol:

What is it about the dirty underwear??? I think they would prefer that than to a treat! :grnyuk:

That's when I learned I needed to keep the trash can away from the pups! We had a guest and Jake came out with a "present" she had "deposited". I was so embarrassed. At least it was my best friend and we were able to laugh about it. Now the trash can is under the vanity where no one can get to it!

my boyfriends parents oldest mini schnauzer got his mom's tampon once. i'm not sure if she actually ate it, but i know she got it out of the trash can. they changed to lided cans after that, and now, they actually have to leave the tolite paper off of the holder because the same dog will unroll it from the roll and drag it down the hall. brady likes undies and socks. clean or dirty. he's funny sometimes and there are times when the dog trains you, instead of you training him. when i would do laundry i would have a bad habit of just tossing it on the floor and putting it away later. :oops: but now i have to put it away right away otherwise he will run into the bed room from the computer room...grab a random underwear or sock, and then run back into the computer room. silly because he knows i'm going to take it away and he knows it's bad, so i don't know why he brings it back to show me what he found....oh well, even though it's bad, i still laugh.

We had a Rhodesian Ridgeback when I was breastfeeding my daughter. I used those breast pads in my bra to stop the leaking and when I was feeding I'd be sitting on the couch with her and set the pad down next to me, and sure enough the dog would swipe it and eat it up. She must've liked the milk smell. Who knows, but it was disgusting. She had several white poops back then!

Gus loves toilet paper too. I have to keep it out of his reach or he will bat at it till all unwinds... at my parents house he can running around the corner with paper in his mouth and he had made it thru 3 rooms without it breaking!

eeww gross...what these dogs get up to amazes me! :roll:

but one of his favorite things is getting up on his hind legs and watching the toilet flush. gotta wonder what he's thinking. He's done that since the day i brought him home and he still does it. It's one of many things about him that keeps me laughing
my Monty does that as well!!!!!! it fascinates him like anything..he would run across the room just so he can look at the toilet flushing! weird dog he is ;)

Back