• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is this a cavalier thing

sallymum

Everyday when i bring Sally and Sam for their walk u can guarantee that one or both will end up with a dead bird or mouse in their mouths. Then it is a struggle to make them let go. :yuk:
They stand there with their tails going 90, with this dead think sticking out of their mouths :yuk: :yuk:
I suppose cos they are spaniels this is normal but it is gross. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Mostly mice, somtimes whole , other times only half usually their tail end :yuk:
We have a river and a green area in front of us with loads of trees.

My cats are quite the little hunters (Ohana is the swift one, she catches then and fatty bacon finishes them off :yuk: ) There have been more times then I can COUNT that Cody has gotten a hold of something half dead...or worse, still alive and well :yikes He always seems to find them first. As my dad always says: you can pay $1400 for a dog and he is still going to eat dead s*!# and garbage :x

When I was staying with my future mother-in-law, we had it a lot worse. Behind there house is an orange grove with loads of fruit rats (they actually look more like mice). Once, Bacon actually caught one (for the first time in his life) and Wesley pounced him and stole it. My mother in law had been the one to take them out and he came running back in the house, jumped on my lap and dropped this thing right on my pj's...I had no idea what it was until it scurried until the couch!!!!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes The thing was still ALIVE!!!! I had to catch the mouse and release it back outside while having to compete with Bacon and Wesley to make sure I got it first. I about died!!!!

My sisters cavalier was on the field & we thought she had found a squeeky toy . nope..... :shock: A live mouse she had managed to catch.

My charlie girl hasnt managed to catch anything live yet but she is always on the hunt. she wanted to bring a dead seal home from the beach once. & there was the pigeon incident :?

The only one of mine to pick up dead stuff was Monty, as a pup. He used to like dessicated frogs; very cruchy, but at least he crunched then spat; though once on the hearthrug.

eeww dead mice and birds! groo :yikes ..thankgoodness none of my two have ever even had the opportunity to pick up something dead!!!! id freak!

AT said:
My sisters cavalier was on the field & we thought she had found a squeeky toy . nope..... :shock: A live mouse she had managed to catch.

My charlie girl hasnt managed to catch anything live yet but she is always on the hunt. she wanted to bring a dead seal home from the beach once. & there was the pigeon incident :?

I take it back, I just found my old charlie girl & my young boy rolling a magpie around the garden. :yikes By the way they where acting & the other magpie shouting at them from the fence I dont think it was dead when they got to it :(

She's nearly 10 & he's hopping around on 3 legs , I havent walked him today because of his sore leg but I thought it would be ok to let them in the garden for a pee, not much they can get up to out there i thought :roll:

Tee hee, Thanks! Your story reads a lot clearer for me now :D I feel like I am learning so many new words and phrases from this site, it is really very exciting!!

Wow I'm surprised the magpie didn't kill them first :yikes

I love Magpies but they can be really aggressive when they feel threatened. And the other one just stood on the fence and squawked? I am shocked :yikes

Sallymum I'm glad I don't live near you, all those dead things... :yuk: :lol:

One of my cats once brought me home this enormous rat that was screaming - I had to get my next door neioghbour to tell him he was a good boy and ask him to drop it. No way was I opening the window to him with THAT in his mouth :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Wow I'm surprised the magpie didn't kill them first :yikes

I love Magpies but they can be really aggressive when they feel threatened. And the other one just stood on the fence and squawked? I am shocked :yikes

:

Its sad but the dogs dont know better . If I could have saved the bird I would have . I dont like to see anything hurt

I didnt see the whole thing , I thought they where quiet out there ( they'd been out about 20 minutes & are usually throwing themselves at the door to be in after 20 seconds)
I looked out of the window to see them rolling something around & rushed outside.

When I went out the other bird was stood on the fence squawking, I dont know if it was joining in before I got there.( I'm glad my papillon wasnt out there because one peck could kill her)
How much bad luck do you get for that :? :roll:

I have heard of my old girls relatives bringing down turkeys :yikes

Yeah, it is sad but it's also nature isn't it? I was just shocked that the other magpie didn't launch an attack as they are usually quite aggressive and will fight to the death with anything!

Typical that they were up to something if they weren't performing to be let in - if Maxx is ever missing I always know he's up to something :lol:

Darby likes to bring in big juicy snails and put them in our bed when we go to sleep!!!
As sweet as her intentions are..... I mean, come on - really!!?
:grnyuk:

Back