PDA

View Full Version : Cottage Cheese

Linda
12th November 2006, 01:19 AM
Just wondering if any of you give your babies cottage cheese and if you do how often. I was informed today to give both boys about a teaspoon mixed in with din din. They devoured it, also heard it is good for the digestive system.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mary
12th November 2006, 01:51 AM
I do. Not all the time but do alternate it with other stuff. I started that when I had a very sick basset with horrible breath. The vet suggested yogurt plain or cottage cheese. It worked wonderful for her sour stomach. Her breath improved greatly. I alternate a spoon of pumpkin one day, yogurt, cottage cheese...they love it all.

judy
12th November 2006, 02:50 AM
when i was giving zack boiled chicken breast and white rice, following his illness, i learned of people feeding cottage cheese and white rice and so i made some for zack. He loved the cottage cheese. The only problem was, whereas he ate up the chicken and rice together and seemed to love the combination, when i gave the rice with the cottage cheese, he only ate the cottage cheese and left the rice in the bowl. so, i knew it was pointless to mix the cottage cheese with kibble. but i give him some by itself occasionally. He definitely loves it.

Linda
12th November 2006, 03:28 AM
when i was giving zack boiled chicken breast and white rice, following his illness, i learned of people feeding cottage cheese and white rice and so i made some for zack. He loved the cottage cheese. The only problem was, whereas he ate up the chicken and rice together and seemed to love the combination, when i gave the rice with the cottage cheese, he only ate the cottage cheese and left the rice in the bowl. so, i knew it was pointless to mix the cottage cheese with kibble. but i give him some by itself occasionally. He definitely loves it.

Hi Judy

Funny when I was in the pet store today, the owner told me that some Vets recommend Cottage Cheese/Rice for the digestive system when they have an upset tummy. I mentioned that my Vet advises me to feed Boiled Rice/Chicken, I was at a few pet stores today my usual Pet store
advised that Cottage Cheese is very very good for them in moderation.

So while grocery shopping I picked some up for them as it is not one of my favourite things to eat. I mixed 1 teaspoon with their kibble and they devoured it.

I haven't had any eating problems with Dudley since Darby arrived on the scene. :D :D :D :D :D :D

moniechris
12th November 2006, 03:37 AM
It's getting to the point now that half of my grocery list is for items for the dogs and not me. My husbad gets in a tiffy when I say: "you aren't allowed to eat this, it's for the boys" :D I alternate cottage cheese, a tablespoon of peanut butter (all natural, low fat with added omega 3's) and the wet food version of their dry food. I chop up apples and carrots and put it in their kong treat balls and they go nuts. I give them this in the morning to tide them over until I get home from work (dinner time). In the morning if I take too long they start to cry from the kitchen because they want their kongs!! At first I thought it was because they missed me but no....they are barking at the freezer. (It lasts longer when it is frozen, they have to work for it.) :)

Claire
13th November 2006, 12:43 PM
They recommend in one of our books putting Cottage Cheese in the Kongs.....