• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cottage Cheese

Linda

Just wondering if any of you give your babies cottage cheese and if you do how often. I was informed today to give both boys about a teaspoon mixed in with din din. They devoured it, also heard it is good for the digestive system.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I do. Not all the time but do alternate it with other stuff. I started that when I had a very sick basset with horrible breath. The vet suggested yogurt plain or cottage cheese. It worked wonderful for her sour stomach. Her breath improved greatly. I alternate a spoon of pumpkin one day, yogurt, cottage cheese...they love it all.

when i was giving zack boiled chicken breast and white rice, following his illness, i learned of people feeding cottage cheese and white rice and so i made some for zack. He loved the cottage cheese. The only problem was, whereas he ate up the chicken and rice together and seemed to love the combination, when i gave the rice with the cottage cheese, he only ate the cottage cheese and left the rice in the bowl. so, i knew it was pointless to mix the cottage cheese with kibble. but i give him some by itself occasionally. He definitely loves it.

judy said:
when i was giving zack boiled chicken breast and white rice, following his illness, i learned of people feeding cottage cheese and white rice and so i made some for zack. He loved the cottage cheese. The only problem was, whereas he ate up the chicken and rice together and seemed to love the combination, when i gave the rice with the cottage cheese, he only ate the cottage cheese and left the rice in the bowl. so, i knew it was pointless to mix the cottage cheese with kibble. but i give him some by itself occasionally. He definitely loves it.

Hi Judy

Funny when I was in the pet store today, the owner told me that some Vets recommend Cottage Cheese/Rice for the digestive system when they have an upset tummy. I mentioned that my Vet advises me to feed Boiled Rice/Chicken, I was at a few pet stores today my usual Pet store
advised that Cottage Cheese is very very good for them in moderation.

So while grocery shopping I picked some up for them as it is not one of my favourite things to eat. I mixed 1 teaspoon with their kibble and they devoured it.

I haven't had any eating problems with Dudley since Darby arrived on the scene. :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's getting to the point now that half of my grocery list is for items for the dogs and not me. My husbad gets in a tiffy when I say: "you aren't allowed to eat this, it's for the boys" :D I alternate cottage cheese, a tablespoon of peanut butter (all natural, low fat with added omega 3's) and the wet food version of their dry food. I chop up apples and carrots and put it in their kong treat balls and they go nuts. I give them this in the morning to tide them over until I get home from work (dinner time). In the morning if I take too long they start to cry from the kitchen because they want their kongs!! At first I thought it was because they missed me but no....they are barking at the freezer. (It lasts longer when it is frozen, they have to work for it.) :)

Back