PDA

View Full Version : London Bound!

Montster
12th November 2006, 05:57 PM
YIPPEE!!!! :jump:

i'm headed to london over the thanksgiving break! can't wait - haven't been back in over 5 years!

anyway, wanted to get suggestions on what good places to buy some cute doggie stuff! oh and any rec's on what to see/do would be great too. i've already been to all the touristy things (i.e. buckingham, tower of london) so i'd like to see some different things.

thanks! :p

Claire
13th November 2006, 01:45 PM
There's Harrods.....and PetLondon (www.petlondon.com) you may need to check that they are going to be open as Melody and her team travel to shows, etc.

Try going onto www.yell.co.uk and do a search of say pet shops, in London (or area you are going to be in) and will come up with listings.

Tourist thing, there is the London Eye.... the London Dungeons, Madam Taussards, etc.

Charleen
13th November 2006, 03:58 PM
When I go to London I love to go to the Theatre. After doing touristy sites all day long, I love to find a nice restaurant and then go to a show.

Either go to the British Visitor Center near Picadilly Circus http://www.london-guides.co.uk/pages.php?id=f0201010 for the popular show tickets or stand in line day-of at the TKTS booth in Leicester Square http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts and take your chances on what they have to sell that day. I have done it both ways and have never been disappointed. Just love it.

Barbara Nixon
13th November 2006, 06:41 PM
I've lived in England all my life, yet have only been to London twice. There are lots of places of historical interest or regional specialty, if you want to travel outside London.

Harrods had bad press among doggie people, a while back, because they still insist on selling puppies and not always from good breeders, as these don't need stores to find homes for their puppies.

Alison_Leighfield
14th November 2006, 06:24 PM
What a shame you couldn't have come over when it's Crufts next spring time....you could have shopped till you dropped for EVERYTHING that a doggy needs!!!! :D ...and then some more!

Nicki, Donna and myself are going... we want to support the "Whitney, Ellis, Kala and Jack family" ;) ;) ;) that have all qualified.

Is anybody else thinking about it???

Alison, Wilts, U.K.