PDA

View Full Version : CALENDAR ORDER MADE!!! 70 TOTAL!!! !!!UPDATED!!!

duncans_ma
14th November 2006, 07:19 PM
(23 hours, really) Just wanted to let you know we are within the final day for calendar orders AND PAYMENTS!

Please let me know if you haven't received your payment request.

Just a reminder, I can not and will not be ordering a calendar if I have not received payment by noon CST tomorrow...I just don't have the $$ to float everyone and I hope you understand!

Here is what I have recieved payment for -

Jenny - 3
Judy - 1
Anne - 1
Sally - 1
Laura - 1
Kendall - 1
Heather - 1
Erika - 1
DeAnna - 1
Amy - 1
Nicki - 4
Linda - 3
Jen C - 2
Charleen - 1
Lauren - 1
Krista - 3
Claire L - 3
Cathy - 1
Kirsty - 3
Victoria - 2
Mic - 1
Barb - 1
Lindsey - 2
Sara - 1
Ashley - 4
Cecily - 2
Theresa - 1
Nancy - 1
Yvonne - 1
Marsha - 1

Total of 50, but I have 70 orders!! Get your payments in!

Thank you for making this a fun task to take on!

My Wesley
14th November 2006, 07:36 PM
ok, my payment is in! Thanks for the reminder! :)

Linda
14th November 2006, 07:46 PM
Come on everybody, those extra 20 Calendars will do a lot to help out Karlin's rescue.
:w**h**: :jmp2: :w**h**:

Please, please take the time to process your payment to Ashley. :thnku:

I can honestly tell you that last year when these calendars were done on another board the same thing happened, and then members were upset that they could not get one for another family member.

:(
LAST LAST CHANCE, GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE AND THEN THEY WILL BE GONE. :yikes :yikes :yikes :cry*ing:

Claire L
14th November 2006, 08:39 PM
Ashley! can you send another payment request to me? I need to order another one please.
Thanks

duncans_ma
14th November 2006, 09:15 PM
I AM SO EXCITED TO REPORT THAT THE VERY FIRST CALENDAR ARRIVED IN MY MAILBOX TODAY!!

I haven't looked at it yet but my hubby reported that it arrived. I ordered one by itself to make sure that everything lookd good before I ordered 50+.

I will report back when I get home tonight - I can't wait to tell you all about it...what a labor of love!!

Claire L
14th November 2006, 09:29 PM
Ashley, I can't log in to paypal using the link that you sent me??????????????
:sl*p: how do I resolve this?
:thnku:

Claire L
14th November 2006, 09:39 PM
Hold the Cavalry!!!

:oops: [/b] I had two browsers going at the same time :sl*p:

All sorted now :D

Murph
14th November 2006, 10:32 PM
Hi Ashley,

I sent my payment through paypal... I hope you recieved it...

Im really looking forward to getting the callender now.

thanks,

Murph

duncans_ma
15th November 2006, 12:36 AM
:updte: :jmp2: :jump: :jmp2:

The calendar DRAFT is here and came out really better than I could have hoped. That said, I am on track to make the order tomorrow. I hope that will put them in my hands within two weeks and then shipped by Dec 4th!! That is my goal anyway. We are cutting it close on Xmas so here is to hoping that it doesn't take 2 weeks for me to get them!!

nlg679
15th November 2006, 12:45 AM
Thank you, Ashley, for all of your hours put into this beautiful project!

;)
Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little, Katydid

Linda'nQuincy
15th November 2006, 03:34 AM
Help! I never heard back from you on how I can do prepal? I work tomorrow and am so afraid I am going to miss out on ordering a calendar. . Hoping to hear from you soon, and thanks...........

Edited by Cathy T, and I've talked to Linda and cleared this with her.

Lindsay
15th November 2006, 03:38 AM
:thnku: Ashley!!!! :D :flwr:

Cathy T
15th November 2006, 04:25 AM
Ashley - just sent you an e-mail with Linda Rees personal info.

Thanks!!

Coco's mom
15th November 2006, 04:34 AM
Hi Ashley, :flwr:
i received my payment request and Ive made my payment. Thanks so much! I hope I got it in on time! :thnku:

merlinsmum
15th November 2006, 09:20 AM
http://static.flickr.com/115/297296750_c28703d445_t.jpg Ashley - good job you are organised!

duncans_ma
15th November 2006, 02:45 PM
I have 65 payments of 72 orders!!!

3 HOURS TO GO!!

Linda
15th November 2006, 02:49 PM
You are so cute Ashley. :D :D :D :D :D

That is terrific 65 Calendars, absolutely amazing. :w**h**:

brid kenny
15th November 2006, 03:00 PM
Sent you a pm with e-mail address on it.

duncans_ma
15th November 2006, 03:09 PM

Yes, Linda, I am sure after this no one will have any trouble guessing that I am an accountant. We are a wonderful breed of people....completely obsessive compulsive, type A, never sleep, drink tons of coffee, work 90 hours a week...etc..thank god I am already married...I question everyday how I am tolerated :D :D :D :D

Charleen
15th November 2006, 03:17 PM
I can't wait for my calendar. I received the one from Cavalier Connection this week and it was really good. I am anxiously awaiting the Cavalier Talk one because of the collage and having my babies in there.

Nicki
15th November 2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks Ashley for all your hard work on this...you've done a brilliant job :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I can't wait to see them...

Coco's mom
15th November 2006, 05:43 PM
:wggle: I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the calendar! :jmp2:
Thank you so much Ashley for all your hard work! :cffee: You are amazing! :rah: b*n*n*

duncans_ma
15th November 2006, 06:48 PM
ORDER MADE!!! 70 TOTAL - EXPECTED DONATION ABOUT $700 US

The scheduled arrival date here is the 21st to the 24th - That includes US Thanksgiving so it may change...if they are here then I will pack them up next weekend and get them out in plenty of time for Xmas!!

Coco's mom
15th November 2006, 06:54 PM
Yayyyy!!!!!!
Woo hoo!!!!!! :w**h**: Wow! Good job!
Maybe now you can get some sleep!? :slp:

Thanks sooooo much!

Linda
15th November 2006, 06:58 PM

Yes, Linda, I am sure after this no one will have any trouble guessing that I am an accountant. We are a wonderful breed of people....completely obsessive compulsive, type A, never sleep, drink tons of coffee, work 90 hours a week...etc..thank god I am already married...I question everyday how I am tolerated :D :D :D :D

Hey Ashley

You are one damm wonderful breed. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah tea granny here, never tasted coffee. Just think if you keep that pace up you will be able to retire in no time. :mexwav:

Your hubby is one lucky fellow, your tolerated sweetie cause your good.
:thmbsup:

Just wait till the little witty human babies come along, I am sure I read they are in your future plans at one point. :bang: Then you will need 180 cups of coffee. :D :D :D

[quote]
ORDER MADE!!! 70 TOTAL - EXPECTED DONATION ABOUT $700 US

The scheduled arrival date here is the 21st to the 24th - That includes US Thanksgiving so it may change...if they are here then I will pack them up next weekend and get them out in plenty of time for Xmas!!

Way to go Ashley, that is amazing.

Now go have another cup of coffee. :D :D :D

You did a outstanding job. :thnku:

Nicki
15th November 2006, 07:12 PM
WOW that is FANTASTIC!!!

:thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku:

Lindsay
15th November 2006, 07:23 PM
Ashley you are a superstar! :flwr:

arasara
15th November 2006, 07:25 PM
OH, WOW !!! :w*w:

You know what is amazing to me is you were only 2 calendars off of your original estimation!!

Way to go Ashley!!! (: You have done such a good job and you should be VERY proud of yourself!! (:

So are you?!

Mic
15th November 2006, 09:49 PM
Ashley:

Thanks for everything you've done to see this project through to completion. I'm sure it's going to look wonderful. As a matter of fact, I was in PetCo and PetSmart today and noticed they actually had 2007 Cavalier calendars; first time I've ever seen them stocked at either store. I had to check 'em out and your photos are soooo much nicer. I like seeing each dog's personality in each shot, but the ones at the store were all perfectly groomed and posed Cavaliers. Beautiful...yes. But not very realistic...at least not at my house.

Good job and I can't wait to get mine!

Mickey

Karlin
15th November 2006, 10:21 PM
Wow, all of you are so amazing for submitting pics, and placing orders, and Ashley for organising all of this... really am speechless. What an extraordinary amount of hard work and what a great level of support. And the pictures are all so beautiful; much BETTER than the mass produced calendars and their cavalier pictures. I am really excited about seeing this when I get out to California again in December. I just feel so foolish for not realising you were doing this all for rescue :sl*p: . I can;t believe I was posting to the threads and admiring the dog pics without any clue as to the bigger picture!! :lol: I must pay more attention to my own site in future. :roll: :lol:

I've really needed an emergency fund for special cases as I know they will come in; also having some finances enables me to try and see if I can cajole more dogs out of bad breeding situations. Thanks so much, everyone who cares so much about this lovely breed.

One thing I'd really like to say to all is that, there are so many ways you can be part of rescue work and this has been one of them. You don't need to be the one who takes in or fosters or transports dogs. Help comes from so many levels -- it can be the people who take the time to write letters to powers that be; that put pressure on pet stores selling cavaliers; that contribute funds, that make blankets and toys for rescue dogs; that post to a board like this about needy cases, pound dogs, etc. Or that create and buy a calendar to raise rescue funds. :flwr: Everything contributes to the bigger picture. :)

Cathy T
15th November 2006, 11:30 PM
I am just thrilled at how well this has come out!! Ashley you are phenomenal!!! Kudos and high fives to you girlfriend! Excellent job. Karlin, I am thrilled that we were able to raise this much to help you out. Our pleasure entirely! I love when I am able to purchase something and know that part of the money is going to rescue...especially to someone so worthwhile. Great super job everyone!

WillowsMom
16th November 2006, 12:33 AM
Yay! Great work, Ashley - it's awesome that you put this together, and great that we can help out the rescue! It's sad to see Cavaliers treated so poorly when we know what lovely dogs they are - I'm so glad we could do something to help out, and get a wonderful calendar at the same time!!

merlinsmum
16th November 2006, 02:51 PM
Ashley,

How many are coming over to the UK? They may be better to go to my work address if there is a lot ( I can' t see our postman carrying alot of calenders!)

duncans_ma
16th November 2006, 03:32 PM
At first count (and I am still collecting some mailing addresses) it will be at least 30. I am still trying to sort out which mail/ups/fedex to use and be as economical as possible.

The good news is that thanks to Johns work we have plenty of mailing envelopes at home big enough for 1-5 calendars so I have asked for his assistance in organizing the calendars once they come in. This way you should receive only one big box with the calendars already sorted and addressed. All you will have to do is post and send!

Linda, I may just send Canada myself - as of right now I only have you and one other person in Canada but I will let you know.

arasara
16th November 2006, 03:37 PM
Ashley,

Linda and I live not even 1 hr from each other. It would be pointless to send to both of us as we are so close. Besides I need to see her little furries again, I am having withdrawls!! icon_whistling

Linda
16th November 2006, 03:40 PM
At first count (and I am still collecting some mailing addresses) it will be at least 30. I am still trying to sort out which mail/ups/fedex to use and be as economical as possible.

The good news is that thanks to Johns work we have plenty of mailing envelopes at home big enough for 1-5 calendars so I have asked for his assistance in organizing the calendars once they come in. This way you should receive only one big box with the calendars already sorted and addressed. All you will have to do is post and send!

Linda, I may just send Canada myself - as of right now I only have you and one other person in Canada but I will let you know.

Ashley:

I know when things are shipped from the US into Canada by UPS /FED EX we often get hit with Duty Charges, not sure how that works in Britain.

I am surprised that you only have 4 Calendars to send to Canada. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I would just pop those in the mail Ashley. :D :D

Karlin
16th November 2006, 04:45 PM
As they can be labelled 'gifts' there shouldn't be charges. If I were going to be back earlier, they could have just come to me and I'd carry the box over and mail from Ireland but I won't be to the US til close to the holidays. :|

Just put the value on the box quite low as well. EG $25 for the box for example, or $50.

Coco's mom
16th November 2006, 06:17 PM
Ashley, Linda,
I ordered calendars too and I am from Canada!
I hope my orders weren't missed!

WillowsMom
16th November 2006, 06:28 PM
Me too! I'm also in Canada and have 3 calendars on my order! I think it's more than you realize coming up over the border.

I would request if possible, that you don't ship UPS to us Canadians - they slam us with "brokerage" charges that sometimes even exceed the value of the item! The rest of the couriers or the postal service have reasonable fees....

Krista

arasara
16th November 2006, 06:32 PM
coco's mom ~ when are we all gonna get together with our doglets for a little fiesta!? Maybe we'll have a calendar distributing fiesta, LOL. (:

I have personally had bad luck with UPS. I have found that even though USPS is a few dollars more I've never gotten hit with customs yet *knock on wood!*

Linda
16th November 2006, 07:25 PM
Coco's Mom/Willows Mom

I did Pm Ashley to let her know that I thought that you both had ordered Calendars, she will be forwarding them to me and I will then forward them to you Ladies by Canada Post.

I think US Postage is the safest route for us Canadians, everytime I order anything from the States I get hit with the Brokerage Fees. Puts you off ordering stuff.

I have been lucky to have some friends send me things by US Post to save on those brokerage fees.

Such a shame, since the US has such lovely things for our little darlings.

duncans_ma
16th November 2006, 10:10 PM
I think I was confused about who was in Canada for a minute there...it's tough to keep it all straight. I will send to Linda when they arrive. I will try and post a final order count tomorrow.

Cathy T
17th November 2006, 01:37 AM
And you'll do all of that between a dinner party for 20 and an upset puppy tummy?! Man, you get my award for Super Woman of the Year! :D