• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

WARNING! Gooby Booties

arasara

Hi guys.

I recently ordered Kosmo some gooby g2 booties the other day as winter is fastly approaching and I wanted something that looked like a good sturdy shoe that would protect against the salt and snow.

m61881289.gif

I ordered size 2 because they said that's what's suitable for a 10-15lb dog and that's what Kosmo is. They came in the mail to my granny's in WA yesterday and she opened them. She told me they are too small for her 10lb toy poodle and they won't even fit my mom's 7lb yorkie/minpin cross!!! I called Gooby directly and told them that their weight chart is grossly innacurate and the guy agreed with me!! He said that they are going to be addressing this issue at the next sales meeting but in the mean time there are MANY customers who are going through the same things as me right now. I think it's ridiculous that their sizing charts are so far off. He told me that I need to exchange for a size 4, which according to their site should be suitable for a cocker spaniel.. icon_nwunsure Now I'm going to have to pay extra shipping charges because of their mistake. :bang: Anyways for anybody looking for booties for their doggies, please be aware of this sizing misrepresentation.

You absolutely should not have to pay any extra shipping. Call them back and tell them since it was their mistake that they should be nice and pick up the extra shipping. If they're cool they'll agree.

LOL Mishmosh.. Yeah a dog in boots!!

I live in Toronto Ontario which is very very populated. It is also very cold and snowy here in the winter. The way the town treats the snow is to put salt down. If salt gets into the dog's pads then it will dry them out and crack them. It's very painful so no matter how funny it looks, we'll choose boots! :flwr:

Sara, I agree with Gudrun, you shouldn't have to pay for the shipping on them. They are gorgeous boots though and Kos will look yummy in them :flwr:

Mishmosh, there's nothing wrong with a dog wearing boots, I'd buy them for mine if it would save them from getting sore feet. If we get a Winter as icy as last I'll get them some anyway :flwr:

arasara said:
LOL Mishmosh.. Yeah a dog in boots!!

I live in Toronto Ontario which is very very populated. It is also very cold and snowy here in the winter. The way the town treats the snow is to put salt down. If salt gets into the dog's pads then it will dry them out and crack them. It's very painful so no matter how funny it looks, we'll choose boots! :flwr:

Hey Sara

Your not alone in Toronto, I hate Winter but I love the snow when it has just fallen and everything is so fresh and beautiful. :D :D

But then come along those snowplows and enourmous Salt Trucks and then comes the slush and the pain for our little itty babies. :(

Dudley has muttlucks and little wee Darby needs some booties too just haven't got around to getting them yet. His will have to match his all Cdn Red Roots Coat. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Gooby G2s

Hi arasara! Thank goodness I found your post!

I bought these shoes for my dog (not a Cavalier but same size about 11 lb, a Bichon) and had the same problem! I googled Gooby and found your post...it's the only thing I can find on fitting a dog to this shoe! So I have to say, I was told to get size 2, but I was skeptical because they looked so tiny, so I bought the size 3. Even then, Kiki did not fit. I had such a hard time convincing the store owner to let me exchange for a 4, but I finally got a 4. The kicker is, yes, I believe it fits, but she HATES them! I thought maybe they were still the wrong size, but your post helps. She steps on her front feet fine, but kicks up her rear ones like the shoe is uncomfortable. They kinda twist around a bit, so maybe the back shoes are too big (?needs a mixed size?) Too bad, they look nice, but Kiki is not like us human girls who believe if a shoe is pretty it's ok if it hurts your feet!

I found Muttluks brand shoes in size XX-small is perfect for her. They are a bit hard to get on, but she can run, go up and down stairs and blitz around in them as if she's not wearing any shoes. Best of all, she can't get to her feet to lick them! Muttluks cold weather boots and all weather boots are about the same pice as the Gooby G2.

Kiki -

Oh lord these Gooby booties are still giving me nightmares!! End result was I had to PAY for shipping back to them and they are paying for shipping back to me. Which I still disagree with but whatever. I ended up spending hours on the phone with the manufacturer and forcing him to measure his shoes and I gave him Kosmo's measurements of his feet so he guaranteed me that they would fit. :yikes :yikes :yikes

They are now on their way back to my mom in WA state in a size 4. I haven't even been able to put them on his feet yet! If I have too much trouble with them I might just end up keeping them and also getting a pair of mutlukks. They are actualy manufactured here in Toronto so they are fairly easy to get, although they are more expensive in Canada.. :huh: Whatever I'll order them online. If there's anything I've learned with this dog it's that he needs two of everything!! He ends up getting the first thing SOO filthy that I need a back up when it's in the wash.

According to the gooby representitive himself, apparently we're not alone!! :yikes

Good luck with your goobies - when I get mine (finally) I'll post on how they fit. Good luck! :flwr:

I look forward to more comments on this topic

Similarly here in Massachusetts we get lots of snow and the city and state both use salt for the icy roadways. I wondered how well Tucker would do in boots. I love shopping online, but exchanging is a pain in the neck. I never return things, because I don't want to have to box them up and get them to UPS or whoever. I find it exhausting debating with people on the phone over the proper credit, etc... How well do the dogs walk in the booties or mutluks? Also, if the bottoms of their little feet get cracked, what is best to put on them, I've actually wondered if I should be moisturizing his foot pads. They feel dry.

Back