PDA

View Full Version : Tea time

laurenlyn1
16th November 2006, 05:04 AM
I am over in the US and I have read a few posts and to me it sounds like you're giving you doggies tea. Is this true? I'm just wondering if you're really giving them tea of if it's and expression like snack time or something and the get a treat. i don't know all the UK english lingo. :huh:

Alison_Leighfield
16th November 2006, 08:05 AM
We mean "Tea" as in a meal...like breakfast, lunch, supper and dinner...!!!! ...funny how things seem so different, I sometimes laugh and wonder about some of the terms used from your side of the pond as well...I guess thats what makes life so interesting :D

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

BarbMazz
16th November 2006, 02:24 PM
We mean "Tea" as in a meal...like breakfast, lunch, supper and dinner...!!!! ...funny how things seem so different, I sometimes laugh and wonder about some of the terms used from your side of the pond as well...I guess thats what makes life so interesting :D

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Yes, it does make life so interesting! I love reading the different expressions from around the world.

Allison, if you ever wonder what some of US'ers are meaning, please ask! I just love the UK way of wording things; seems so much more sophisticated than us country bumpkins over this side of the pond. icon_whistling