PDA

View Full Version : Poor Blenheim! I vow to never.....

My Wesley
16th November 2006, 05:00 PM
Subject my little boy to wearing funny puppy shoes! :) I found this on ebay. HAHA!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/ShanFaber/76_1.jpg[/img]

arasara
16th November 2006, 05:31 PM
funny story - Kosmo will be getting the same thing just in duckies when we start our therapy work!!! :lol: :lol:

My Wesley
16th November 2006, 05:57 PM
It's so funny seeing dogs in shoes. My husband would kill me if I put Wesley in shoes! He's having a hard enough time knowing that I want to get sweaters for him! :)

Lindsay
16th November 2006, 06:19 PM
P.S. that is one of my favorites sellers on ebay (woof and wag) ;)

Cathy T
16th November 2006, 09:40 PM
Awwww..those are so cute! But I know hubby wouldn't be seen dead with my two if put those on them.

laurenlyn1
17th November 2006, 03:50 AM
i bought brady's puppia harness from that seller. boots do help them in the cold. i don't think brady would like it very much and probably try to take them off. i often wonder how they get the pictures taken of these doggies all dressed up in stuff like that. brady has a few shirts/sweaters, a raincoat, and a winter coat. he doesn't like the coats much, but he knows it means walkies so he gets excited.
Only 16 days until you get your little man! Get the camera ready!

Maxxs_Mummy
17th November 2006, 10:56 PM
I love those slippers & was going to buy a set for Alison's Hunnybuns but she went over the Bridge before I got the chance.

I think they are lovely for the furbabies with sore feet or the ones who do therapy work.

I think they do matching jimjams as well :lotsaluv:

Spencer'sMom
17th November 2006, 11:27 PM
Don't laugh but I really think Spencer will need something like this. We get ice several times during the winter and I'm terrified that he'll slip on it and bang up his surgically repaired knee. Do you think booties (this kind or another) will help to give him traction on slippery sidewalks? On the rare ocassions I take him to PetsMart I put him in a cart since their floors are so slippery.

Maxxs_Mummy
20th November 2006, 11:41 AM
Hi Whitney,

You should be able to get boots specially to stop him slipping when out on a walk. Some have rubber soles. I'd have no hesitatation in putting them on my boys if it meant protecting their feet :flwr:

Try doing a Google for them. I do remember after 9/11 emailing loads of online pet stores and manufacturers asking them to send boots out to the search and rescue dogs. I think we'd already exhausted supplies here as we were buying them up & sending them as soon as they came in, so they are most definitely available :flwr:

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 06:41 PM
I saw a video once where they had bought thier chihuahua (who was around 3yo) a new pair of lily boots... what a funny site... this poor dog was lifting it's legs like it had the plague attached... if I have ever seen emotion in a dog, it was that poor puppy! He was like... what the?!?!?

Justine
19th December 2006, 07:57 PM
I think that would be IT if my hubby had to walk alfs in them.

Andrea&Diva┬┤s mom
4th January 2007, 10:00 AM
Oh now I feel like a terrible mother but my Andrea and Diva got a pink shoes from my aunt who lives in the usa, but it was more like a joke than for real ;)

http://www.dyrarikid.is/gallery/gallerymyndir/m0152647.jpg

They have never been put in them since the photo was shot,

and like Mathis Green said they lifted theyr legs sooo high and I felt so sorry for them.

moniechris
5th January 2007, 12:05 AM
Those girls are strutting in style!!! :rotfl: I have never seen pink maryjanes for a dog!!! cl*p I can completely understand the need for booties in ice and for therapy! I bet it would be a kick with kids and senior citizens!! Who ever saw such a thing!!!

Karlin
5th January 2007, 01:26 AM
You can also get wax for dog paws so they can grip snow/ice better, if the booties are too embarrassing! Actually you'd need something other than those rabbits I think outside; they would be soaked. There are lots of outdoor styles made for dogs in winter climates.

Maxxs_Mummy
5th January 2007, 11:38 PM
Actually you'd need something other than those rabbits I think outside; they would be soaked. There are lots of outdoor styles made for dogs in winter climates.

I was going to get some for Alison's little Hunnybuns before she went to the Bridge. She had such sore feet all the time that we just wanted something nice and soft for her to walk on :lotsaluv: