• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barkers or 'woo'ers?

Lisa_T

OK, hands up. How many of you have a Cav that
-barks properly

-woos

-both?

Holly has never 'woo'ed. She always barks- just a case of learning the different tones of the bark, but it's a 'big dog bark' if that makes sense. Proper barking- not yapping, except when she wants to play.

Amber yips and yaps at her toys with the occassional 'woo woo woo WOOOOO'- which was quite a shock the first time we heard it. Is this something some Cavs do- in my pic thread, Cathy says that Shelby 'woos'. I take it it's not always puppy behaviour then???

Just, it's so funny to hear the different kinds of vocalisations!

Izzy has the meanest bark of any dog I know.

It takes alot to make Spencer make a peep, but when he does, he is strictly a wooer, and it is so long and drawn out that he usually only does one. :sl*p:

Rudee used to bark to get my attention and woo woo woo if she was giving out to me!

It's the woo woo woo that I miss most of all... Cavaliers are wonderful comminicators. If you talk to them the will always respond and I especially love it when they see a bird or a cat, you just hear a low grrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ooooooooooo woo wooo woo woo woof! woof! woof! woof! :D

Karlin's Jaspar is a wonderful chatterbox...I could listen to him all day!!!!!

:flwr: :flwr:

Yes, that sounds like Amber all right. Holly just growls quietly and persistently before telling that nasty dog/cat/person/horse (i kid you not- there's some guy around here who takes his horse for a walk at night. In the middle of the city :yikes )/buggy/ wheelchair- you get the idea :D :D - where to go. Amber doesn't seem interested in externals so far.

LOL funny question.. Kosmo will WOO WOO if he sees someone outside. it's the funniest thing because we have wood floors in our house and he will woo soo loudly and with so much strength that his little legs slide all over the floor and he has a hard time keeping ground. He ALWAYS howls and woos at the first of his bark and then it turns into a bark bark bark.. He has several different barks though.. it's pretty funny actually! :p

Bella is very vocal. We get lots of growling, woo-ing and finally graduating up to a real bark complete with jowl quivering lol

She loves to bark at all things - people, dogs on TV, fireworks, load noises, the postman, the milkman, salesmen, dogs on the street, rottweilers, bulldogs - you name it!! :shock:

Claire L said:
Rudee used to bark to get my attention and woo woo woo if she was giving out to me!

It's the woo woo woo that I miss most of all... Cavaliers are wonderful comminicators. If you talk to them the will always respond and I especially love it when they see a bird or a cat, you just hear a low grrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ooooooooooo woo wooo woo woo woof! woof! woof! woof! :D

Karlin's Jaspar is a wonderful chatterbox...I could listen to him all day!!!!!

{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} come to mine for a holiday, you would love Maxx. He talks to me like that, I love the woo woo woo it makes me melt inside :lotsaluv:

When Maxx really wants something, he talks to me and it's a really funny chatter :lol: He doesn't really bark very often but when he does, we know about it :lol:

Charlie on the other hand is a barker and he'd spend all day doing so if I let him :roll:

Ya'll don't know vocal til you've met Jake!! He's definitely a barker. Shelby is my woo wooer...she's so dang cute!

Now there's an idea for a Cavalier Theme !!! videos of the woo wooers and barkers... Now that! I would really love... icon_whistling

Claire - you asked for it! The next time my two start up their chatter I'm gonna capture it on film...just for you :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy wrote;
{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} come to mine for a holiday, you would love Maxx. He talks to me like that, I love the woo woo woo it makes me melt inside

If I win the Lotto, you'll be my first port of call!

Now, speaking of The Divine Ms Whitney :l*v: I think another holiday thread is called for!!! and maybe some more pics of Maxx and Charlie :flwr: :flwr:

:hug:

Cailean woo's and barks. His nickname is Woo Woo :). He also "sings" if he's in the kitchen and wants to come out.

Bradley's a barker.

Topsy's a cryer and yapper.

Cathy T wrote

Claire - you asked for it! The next time my two start up their chatter I'm gonna capture it on film...just for you

:*nana: Can't wait Cathy - make it soon pleeeeeeeaaase

I LOVE Jake and Shelby!!! :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Riley does the woo woo and barks as well, and I also get a lot of rubble rubbles!!! That is the best I can describe it! When we are gone a little longer than usual, she will run around the kitchen makinging a low rubble rubble rubble rubble. . . . It cracks me up.

Now Fletcher is learning to rubble rubble!!! :lol: :lol:

Monty is a plain yipper/yapper/barker....Milo on the other hand when he was a young puppy he never barked but had this really old sounding "woo woo" bark thing....i loved it! i thought it was so cute compared to a normal bark! but i havent heard him do it in around 3 months or so...i occasionall here him bark when excited but thats about it

Let's see...yipper, yapper, woo-woo'er, ruff-ruff'er, barker. I've got em all...and on some days all in the same dog. They are so funny. My 6 yr. old only barks if someone he doesn't know comes to the yard...and it is the deep sounding GSD bark from a little angel dog. My female yips/yaps at cats and any animal on TV. And the youngest throws back and howls at the moon just for fun! And bring out a leash and they all go nuts. Otherwise, very quiet dogs icon_whistling . :badgrin:

Whitney is a chatter and a "Woo Wooer!"... isn't it so cute! .

..and a licky lips and and a kissy kiss kinda girl,

...and a "mummy please rub my tummy" girlie....just a little love bug really.... :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

molly said:
My 6 yr. old only barks if someone he doesn't know comes to the yard...and it is the deep sounding GSD bark from a little angel dog.

Yep we've definately got a ferocious barker like that on our hands with Oscar! if you couldnt see him you'd think he was a BIG dog, not the shy little softy that he is!

Dexter is more vocal but is definately a bark no 'woo woos' I feel like I'm missing out here - I want to hear those 'woo woos'!!

Our Lhasa Arnie *ng*l used to woo when he got excited it was the loveliest sound :lotsaluv:

Alison_Leighfield said:
Whitney is a chatter and a "Woo Wooer!"... isn't it so cute! .

..and a licky lips and and a kissy kiss kinda girl,

...and a "mummy please rub my tummy" girlie....just a little love bug really.... :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

ok, Alison, I'm smitten. Post her up here please :) :) :)

Back