• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Emergency vet trip this afternoon

duncans_ma

Thursdays are the days that neither John or I can get to the pups during work (only 6 more weeks) so my little sister comes to walk them at lunch time.

Today she walked into a real mess. Arthur has has an upset tummy since coming home from the kennel on Sunday. I thought it was improving but she walked into poop all over his crate, the side of couch, the floor, EVERYWHERE! :grnyuk: So I rush the 35 miles home and get him to the vet. :drivecar:

We have a very bad bacterial infection causing colitis in his little tummy and colon. The doc seems to think this has been brought on by stress of neutering (2 weeks ago) to the 1st time he was boarded (last weekend), etc....poor little guy he is none to happy. :( :( :(

So I am home the rest of the day taking care of my littlest man. Please keep us in your doggie thoughts.

OH! and I am having a dinner party tonight for about 20 people....nice timing, ay? :sl*p:

aww Ashley I am sorry to hear that. I hope arthur starts to feel better soon. :( Glad you took him into the vet and worked everything out. He should be on the mend soon! :flwr: You're in our thoughts!! :hug:

poor arthur! and poor you. and your little sister. hopefully with medication the ordeal will soon be over. So the vet didn't think he caught anything while being kennelled?
i'll be thinking of you and hoping for good news.

Big :hug: s to you and Arthur Ashley. I hope he is better soon, poor little guy. I wish I could reach over and rub his little tum tums for you while you're serving dinner...

:flwr: :hug: :hug:

Oh how scary! I am so sorry to hear that Arthur is feeling ill. :( Not so great timing too. You have my wishes for a full speedy recovery. :flwr:
:hug:

Poor Arthur. :(

Lucky has colitis too, so I can relate. He spent the day at the vets yesterday. I hope both our sweet rubies feel all better soon. :flwr:

:( Poor Arthur! I hate to hear of people's dogs being sick, especially the young ones.

Spencer and Izzy send big licks his way :flwr:

Oh no Ashley! So sorry he wasn't feeling good. Hopefully his tum tum will settle down. And nice timing, huh?! Your little sister must be a trooper!

Oh Dear Ashley I know just how you feel, your poor little sister.
Hope you didn't get a ticket driving home. :drivecar:

Arthur Sweetie I am so sorry your not well :cry*ing: :cry*ing: , Dudley said to let you know he had a very upset tummy a while ago and he was pooping all over the place and he said it was just no fun at all.
:yuk:
But on the bright side your mommy like my mommy got you to the Vet right away. Arthur you should be feeling better in 3 or 4 days. I can relate to you, I know I am older and it must be harder for you being smaller so keep your chin up buddy you will feel better soon.
:hug: (y)
Get your mommy to cook some of that yummy boiled chicken and rice after 24 hours I swear (well not really) that you will love it.

Your Pal
Dudley & Darby :dogwlk: :dgwlk:

Thinking of you all :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

oh no!! how terrible! poor little Arthur! glad the party went well though...how is Arthur doing now?

Arthur seems to be doing better although we are on a 24 hour fast so I suppose there is nothing left to........(thinking of tactful word)...dispense.

Thankfully, my OH will be home a couple of times today to check on the little red monster :)

THank you all for your kind words.

Ashley,

Glad to hear that arthur seems to be doing better. How did your dinner party go last night? :)

lol good thing you accountants know how to think ahead. I would have been the person calling and saying "ok you can come in 30 more minutes.. wait.. 15 more minutes!!" LOL :)

I am glad the dinner party turned out well!! I am sure all of your guests fell in love with your little furries too!! :)

oh thats great news that he seems to be better!!

I am glad the dinner party turned out well!! I am sure all of your guests fell in love with your little furries too!!
how could they not! :)

Sorry to have missed this before...poor little guy, it's awful when they are poorly like this.

I have recently been told that the Rubies are very prone to Colitis, it even seems to be hereditary, someone "researched" {a lay person} the lines and seems to have traced it back to a couple of whole colour stud dogs, brothers, one in the UK and one in the US.

I was told to try this...it worked for TedBear!! I cooked the pasta and fed that 3 times daily.

the best way to bring them back immediately after an attack is to feed half an oz of boiled fish together with half an oz of pasta (either cooked or raw). If raw crumble it up over the fish. It has never failed me yet.

After 2 days on that, I go on to an oz of Chappiex3 for 2 days, then on to 2 meals of Chappie for 2 days. Depending on how the poos look I start to introduce a few kibble {dried dog food} at a time and work up from there.

Another wonderful aid for colitis is BCK Granules.These are a charcoal based Nescafe consistency stuff, but black, which help the gut to recover.

Not sure if you can get Chappie in the US, it's a fish and cereal based tinned or dry food, not something I'd normally feed but it's very useful in this situation.

I haven't managed to get the BCK granules yet, but they are made by a US drug company...

Oh no, poor Arthur :S I've only just seen this thread Ashley, so sorry :(

Glad he's a little better now. Maxx used to get colitis all the time too and I have always found that Tagamet works quite well on him. Also the starvation for 24 hrs and then on to boiled rice and chicken.
Take care xxxxx

Back