• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Whats your favourite cavalier colour?

cavalicious

Hi everyone :) I'm pretty new here, you can check out my post in the 'introduction' section if you like.

I was just wondering, what is your favourite cavalier coat colour? You can do it in order of 1-4 if you like.

For me it's:

1. Black and Tan <---- these first 2 basically tie
2. Blenheim
3. Ruby
4. Tricolour

But I love them all :D

I'm getting my puppy in January and it will probably be a blenheim.

Emily

Every one i see is my favorite color. :D The first cavalier i met was a blenheim, so blenheim was my favorite color. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful color for an animal. but when i met a couple of tri's, that became my favorite color too--the variation of color looks so festive and the eyebrows (and tushies) have such character :lol: . The same has happened for me with rubies and black and tans. They are all such beautiful animals. I'm not trying to get out of answering the question. This has just been my experience. Once, black and tan was my least favorite color, but i had never met one. Then one day at the vet's office, someone came in with a little (and i do mean little) one year old female black and tan, omigosh, she was so gorgeous. So much for favorite colors. Rubies, well, what can i say, they are stunning in their rich glowing sparkling intensity.

TRI!
fell in love with the tri coloured's - so pleased to have one. the blenheim's didn't appeal to me but I've seen a couple around and they are just gorgeous. The Black and tan's are beautiful also, they seem so regal somhow and now of course, we have our own little Ruby so they have to feature also.

I know what you mean they all have their plus's and their all gorgeous! :D I actually have ONLY seen blenheim in real life and the others just in pictures so I guess I can't really say :) Oh well hopefully one day I'll own all 4!

I really love them all but ......
1 black and tan
2 ruby
3 Tri
4 blenhiem
I think this is my order as I see lots of blenhiems here and the odd tri but the black and tan and ruby are very hard to get. I would not have a black and tan though due to their black nails, I could not handle cutting without being able to see the quick.

Tri's top my list, then B&T's, Blenheims are next and then Ruby's. I don't really look at coat colour as much as I look at the individual dog though and they are all gorgeous :lol:

Me too, I wanted a ruby at first, but got a black and tan. I've now got a ruby too, but would love a tri and a blen eventually if I am ever allowed to have 4! I think all the colours compliment each other, they all sort of match

ruby with a blen (ruby/liver colours) -(Duncans_Ma and Nikki have this combo)
b&t with a tri (facial markings & black and tan) -(Claire has this combo + ruby)
tri with a blen (ruby/liver markings)-(Maxxs_mummy has this combo)
ruby with a b&t (ruby/tan colours)-(Me and Lisa_T have this combo)
tri with a ruby (ruby/tan markings)-(I think BarbMazz has this combo)

And then there's the really lucky ones who have all 4 already and have the perfect colour combination! :D

luvzcavs said:
I would not have a black and tan though due to their black nails, I could not handle cutting without being able to see the quick.

Cutting their nails is not so bad, Merlin only needs his dew claws done - we make sure we do 15-20 mins road walk every week and this keeps the other nails down. With the dew claw I just use human nail clippers and nip the ends of to blunt them - only probably 1-2mm I take off.

Tri for me :) :)

I think this is because 4 blenheims have come my way and, up til recently, only one tri colour.

I'm delighted to have another tri colour in my care now :)

I have no experience of b&t and rubies, but all cavs are wonderful. Would love a ruby or b&t at some point .... but for me, it's rescue dogs all the way, so it's a lottery :)

hi

my first was a tri so they would be first then the blenheim ,black and tan then last the ruby they are all lovely but the colour of my two would be the top two

Tri's use to be my favorite but after seeing all of the colors in real life at a doggie show I love them all. My hubby and I decided that when we find the right breeder color and sex will be the last thing we decide on. We just want to best puppy for us

For me the order goes but I really do love them all

Tri
Blen and B & T tied
Ruby

I use to not like the way Rubys looked but the breeder Im talking to has a gorgeous Ruby boy and girl and the lil boy stole my heart so if I can have a Ruby that looks like him Ill take it! :D

If you look at my avatar, you will easily be able to see which is my favorite color! :lol: :lol: icon_whistling

We didn't start out to have one of each. It just kind of happened that way. Each dog is so special in personality that the color really doesn't seem to matter. But I do have a special spot in my heart for rubies.

I will always love the Bleinhams but I just love those ruby's too. It is a toss up between the two.

In order here is my preference

Bleinhams or Ruby
Ruby's or Bleinhams
Black and Tans
Tri's

I also have a Bleinham and a Ruby they do compliment each other very well.

My order is
1/ Blenhiem - ('Cos thats what colour Toby and Taffy are)
2/Tri colour
3/ Black and Tan
4/Ruby

We wanted a Ruby as they looked so different and are a bit rarer but as others have said I love them all really! The only colour I didn't want was a black and tan as I worried that the dark colours would mean that some of the impact of their beautiful faces would be lost. Have to admit though, now I've seen a few in the flesh, they are lovely too!

Choice as it now is though would be:

1. Ruby
2. Blenheim
3. Tri
4. Black and Tan

I have slight issues with black dogs...dates back to my childhood. So..

1. Blenhiem (because that was my intro to cavs)
2. Rubies....Darby sold me, LInda.
3. Tri - (but with a lot of white please)
4. black and tan - they are REALLy growing on me

I like them all! I don't think there is a specific character to each color. Cavaliers are just great dogs and they each have their unique personalities.

I started out with a ruby and my next was a black & tan. Then I was completely hooked and wanted one of each color, which I now have had since September 2006.

Once I found a reputable breeder, if I was to get another one (which isn't likely anytime soon), I am not sure what color I would get. I think my next one would be a female and possibly a smaller one. I have 3 boys and 1 girl now. My adult dogs seems to be on the high end of the cavalier weight spectrum. They are between 19 - 27 pounds. I'd love a tiny to medium size female cavalier in my future.

duncans_ma said:
I have slight issues with black dogs...dates back to my childhood. So..

1. Blenhiem (because that was my intro to cavs)
2. Rubies....Darby sold me, LInda.
3. Tri - (but with a lot of white please)
4. black and tan - they are REALLy growing on me

Funny you say that because my mum is the same. She doesn't like black dogs at all and that's why (I think) we'll be gettinga blenheim.

It's great to see the people with one of every colour :D Your living my dream lol

I love ALL the colors, but have to admit that I'm a little partial to the rubies ... :)

Back