PDA

View Full Version : what to get for good pic"s

molly+charlies mum
18th November 2006, 11:39 AM
hi i need a bit of help with what to get to get some good pictures to put on here ive only had the computer for 3 months so im not to good with what to buy ,what camera is best ,do i need some sort of printer or just a lead for the camera or can i just use a phone with a camera i would like to go for something that is not to expensive but does give out good pictures i will pop to pc world but need to know what to look for any help much wanted thanks :)

brid kenny
18th November 2006, 11:55 AM
Make sure you are over 5 mega pixels and over 3x zoom.

merlinsmum
18th November 2006, 12:11 PM
Christine

I got a sony cybershot 6 million pixels - though it is now set at 3 otherwise you can't see the pictures in full on your computer!

Its easy to use if you are not that gadgety/techy :D

Barbara Nixon
18th November 2006, 12:19 PM
I bought my camera from an internet company, but made sure it was in this country, should anything go wrong.

You don't need a printer to post photos on your computer, but a digital camera is best and it should have a usb lead with it, plus loading and possibly editing software.

I use Paintshop Pro to edit. It is especially good at dealing with red, yellow or any other colour effects which can spoil a good animal photo by making the eyes look odd. For basic use, an old version is fine and can be bought on Ebay for very little money.

To get photos on here, you need to edit them (cropping and resizing) then get them hosted on something like Photobucket, which is a free site.

Ask for help, when you are ready.

molly+charlies mum
18th November 2006, 05:55 PM
thanks to you all, carnt wait to put some nice pictures on here....

Cathy Moon
21st November 2006, 01:47 AM
Christine, I love the picture of Molly on your avatar! She's adorable :)