• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Little one at Lucky Star

JaneB

Just saw the info below on Lucky Star in their NEWS area, thought you guys might want to see a picture of this little gal (I couldn't get it to copy over). Such a sad story but I have heard she is improving although the bills are mounting. www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org.
JaneB

LUCKY STAR CAVALIER RESCUE

10/31/06:

Missy is a tiny five month old black and white Cavalier (a tricolor with no chestnut markings!) who was turned over to Lucky Star as a very sick little girl. She was the smallest of her litter, had had pnemonia and at 14 weeks had already been on three different antibiotics. Still, she snuggled right into her foster home and into the hearts of her foster family...and except for a persistent cough/wheeze, you would never know she was ill. It was on a routine vet visit to finish her puppy shots that the vet found what he thought to be a Grade 2 heart murmur. A trip to the Cardiologist at Purdue at first yielded even worse news - a Grade 3 murmur. However, after a battery of tests, it was determined that Missy has a collapsed lung, likely from her extended battle with pneumonia. The doctors performed a tracheal wash to get a sample that could be cultured, and we are awaiting the results of that culture to know how to further treat Missy. In the meantime, Missy will be going to Purdue once a week to follow up.

Once Missy's infection is cleared, the doctors at Purdue will re-evaluate her lung. It is likely that it has been collapsed too long and she will eventually need surgery to remove the damaged portion. She will also need follow up with the Cardiologist to be sure that the "murmur" that was heard was Missy's heart beating against the collapsed lung (as is now suspected) and not a true murmur.

Missy has the most wonderful temperament and has let the doctors perform any tests they needed to without even the slightest fuss. Her medical costs have been and will continue to be significant. Won't you please help us to give this precious girl the chance she so deserves? Donations made to Lucky Star are tax deductible...and they do SO much to help these wonderful dogs. Checks made out to Lucky Star may be sent to PO Box 1173, Sorrento, FL 32776-1173 or donations may be made via PayPal to [email protected]

Thank you!!!!!

I haven't been able to find it- partly because of the hideous colour scheme. Whoever thought of green on orange for a webpage should be shot.

However, I do hope she recovers soon!

Back