• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

funny noise

sallymum

This morning when i got up and fed sam he was fine ate went for his walk as usual. When i got home a few min ago, was only gone 45 mins Sam is making a weird sound like his snoring or maybe like he has a frog in his throat.
Tried my vet just missed him wont be back till this evening.
Sam is on medication for his heart so until i get to see the vet this evening i will be really worried, has anybodys cav ever had anything like this.

The only snooting sound my lot make is if they get excited - we normally just hold their nose and it goes after a few seconds.... hope he is okay now?

If we got a £1 every time a cavalier did this, we'd be very rich. It's often refered to as reverse sneezing and most of them do it.It's thought to be connected with the shortened palate. However, my big boy does it sometimes, and he has along nose, so...

When it happens, people have their own remedies. I either cover the dog's nostrils for a few seconds or gently massage his throat.

Sounds like a reverse sneeze. Just cover nose and point head towards the ground gently for a few moments and it usually stops. :)

Back