• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Steam cleaners

kidson

Hello! First time post ....

We have just brought home our second puppy. For the most part they are good with either a pad on the floor or going outside (as long as there is not too much rain.)

My question is: Does anyone have a recommendation for steam cleaners? We use the sprays and a lot of paper towels. Would like something a little more advanced. Help?

Never really thought about it - as long as you could put the cleaning solution that will actuall remove the odour, as that is the necessary thing - to move the smell of wee so they don't do it there again.

We bought the Bissell Little Green Carpet Machine for this purpose. They sell a specific enzyme-based pet stain product to use in it, too. It seems to work really well. My only criticism is that it does not heat up the water, so after you fill it and the hot water cools off, you are using cold water. I would prefer it to always be hot, but it still seems to work well, even when it's cold. (I guess it's not truly a "steam" machine.) It works on the principle of soaking the spot with the cleaner, leaving it a few minutes and then brushing and vacuuming up the fluid and the urine/stain.

I wanted one that would not be so big that I would hesitate to take it out every time. This one is small and you can leave the fluid in it between cleanings (with the compromise being that the fluid isn't hot if you do this.) So it's easy enough just to grab it out of the closet, plug it in and do the spot and put it away.

I've got a right old collection :

A Little Green Machine (not normally stocked here, but ordered in error, so reduced at Comet) . The fluid is very expensive and I find it hard work, so it lives in the cupboard

Bissell upright full carpet clener with heater- Too heavy for me and husband wets the carpet too much, so it smells damp for days

Polti full size steam cleaner-I've not used to clean carpet, but people I know who have say it's much more work than a chemical user like the Bissell. It's good for whole bathroom or kitchen clens and for washing down paintwork. Also cleaning undercars, pathways etc. (Problem-it takes ages to cool for refill,once the tank is emptied)

Small hand -held steam cleaner- good for worktops, sink, bath toilet (Ie not tiles as well). It empties quickly and has to be used on the flex, but is very hand for small jobs.

A small

Back