PDA

View Full Version : Best prices for the basic necessities??

My Wesley
20th November 2006, 05:34 PM
I'm wondering where in the US, you can go to get the best prices on the basic things, like brushes, crates, etc. I've come to find that Petsmart, Petco, and Pet Supplies Plus are hugely overpriced. When I had gone to the pet area of Target, I found the same Flexi leash for almost half the price.

So do any of you know where to go for the good deals? Or, of those three major retailers, which one is the cheapest? Just doesn't seem like Pet Supplies Plus has as much dog things as expected. I found that Petsmart had the largest selection of items.

Thanks!

arasara
20th November 2006, 06:07 PM
if you can shop @ dog.com I would. My parents are from there and they have the lowest price guarantee. Also petedge.com is a good place to go.

I find the lowest prices to go to locally are found @ target and wal-mart. :)

Lani
20th November 2006, 08:14 PM
Try also JB Wholesale -

http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/default.asp

They have a few stores in NJ but otherwise are a catalog store and have very good prices.

Lindsay
20th November 2006, 08:16 PM
Well there goes another charge on my card thanks to dogs.com.

Thanks alot Sara! :x

:flwr: :flwr: :lol:

RockNRollCav
20th November 2006, 09:21 PM
Also, petedge is good, although they charge a fee if you don't order a minimum amount. Also, Jefferspets.com are great.

laurenlyn1
21st November 2006, 03:08 AM
i tried to go to dogs.com and it took me right to petsmart...strange.

Darby's Mom
21st November 2006, 05:33 AM
I think she meant www.dog.com. :p You're right, dogs.com links directly to Petsmart.... sneaky!

Lindsay
21st November 2006, 01:44 PM
:oops: That was my bad :?

arasara
21st November 2006, 03:21 PM
I just spent $110 US @ dog.com I got 4 pantry size packs of greenies *NO, they are not ALL for Kosmo :lol: * and some nylabone bones. I like www.dog.com because $50 and over ships free *as long as it's not too oversized or heavy then there is an FOB charge*.. and greenies are heavy and there is no charge. :D

Joanne M
29th November 2006, 08:42 PM
You will often find the exact same toys at Walmart that you can find at PetCo and PetSmart for half the price. Dog food, dog treats, training pads, are all less expensive at Walmart. They have a decent selection of crates and dog beds too. If you buy the training pads, look for the package with 32 count. They can get expensive. I buy 32/bag for @ $7.00.