• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wrap the rear on the ground

Laura&Lia

Hi,

My pup Lia wraps her rear on the ground. He does it a lot !
I don't know if this can be worms or is normal for a pup!?

Lots of cavaliers do this without there being any real cause -- all three of mine "butt scoot". :) It can be worms sometimes in a puppy, or sometimes might be because they need their anal glands emptied, which a vet can do.

I had a dog that did that before. I got her anal glands checked and it was fine. Turned out for her that was how she liked to clean her behind. It was awful! Got to the point I was wiping her behind with baby wipes.

But first thought would be the anal glands. I've heard you can put Wheaties in their food and it should help.

Brady did it a lot for a while. i had his glands checked and they were pretty full. at the time he was having some health problems so his poo wasn't the best...kinda runny. it has gotten a lot better now and he has firmer poos. he doesn't scoot around as much, but he still does a little. i think it's just something that he does. as odd as it sounds, i think it's cute the way he looks up when he's doing it. i know he's rubbing nasty stuff all over my carpet, but it's still cute.

Back