PDA

View Full Version : If only I could take you, Storm.. ..

arasara
21st November 2006, 01:44 AM
Sadly I've seen this Cavalier on Petfinder for a second time. I wrote the rescue in the beginning because I wanted to make sure he found the right home, and it looks like he is back again with rescue. :cry*ing:

I really wish I lived closer to this boy or they would consider letting me take him into Toronto. I would take him in a heart beat. What a beautiful little guy. I have to say, this is one of the two Cavaliers on all of petfinder since I've first started combing the pages (back in April) that's really touched my heart.

Check him out! :flwr:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6552707

My Wesley
21st November 2006, 03:56 AM
I saw him too last night! I swear if I wasn't just starting out with a new puppy in two weeks, I'd go snatch him up right now. Poor little guy! :(

Maxxs_Mummy
21st November 2006, 01:27 PM
OMG I am sitting here in tears looking at the beautiful boy :cry*ing:

Sara, have you contacted them to ask if you can take him? If the right home was there for him they might let you......

arasara
21st November 2006, 04:00 PM
Donna, yes, I did contact them.

Unfortunately they don't want to adopt out of the immediate area.

I really would take him if I was given the chance. Like I said before, through all of my hours on petfinder, he's 1 of the 2 who've really touched me. :flwr:

arasara
21st November 2006, 04:25 PM
:updte:

Hello Sara,

Storm actually was approved for adoption by a family
near our area, but they ended up (after seeing him
with his foster family) deciding he was better off to
stay there with them (us). We decided to keep him
with our family and continue to monitor his seizures
at that time and re-evaluate later.

Because we are already at capacity in our family as
well as our dog family, we are again searching for a
new forever family for Storm. Add to that we continue
to have a dire need for fostering dogs in our area
filtered with disgusting puppy mills. There are too
many to help. We already have area applicants that
look great and are working on getting one in
particular approved. If they are approved, sadly
Storm will move on to his new home, but that was the
idea for him all along.

His seizures are doing fine, though we were unable to
take him off of his medication. We did try once for a
week, but his seizures returned. He takes his meds
every other day and that keeps him in check with no
problems.

Thanks for asking about our boy again, and since we
have area candidates coming in, are not in need of
considering him traveling so far for a home.

Thanks so much,
Michelle
Phelps County Animal Welfare League

Cathy T
21st November 2006, 08:16 PM
Oh he's adorable!!

moniechris
21st November 2006, 08:57 PM
OMG!! I almost cried when I hit that link! The poor little love :( To have a siezure disorder so young...I really hope they find the right family for him. He is going to need lots of TLC (and financial support) with his seizures...I really hope there is someone in the area that will take on that task. Arasara, keep trying to see if they will make an exception!! He and Kosmo would be great together!!!

arasara
21st November 2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

This fella has a home in mind. The lady that's keeping care of him is very very nice. I've been corresponding back and forth with her on email and she actually has 2 cavaliers of her own!! I have invited her into this site so maybe we'll see her later. :)

If it doesn't work out with this home (lets hope it does for Storm's sake) then I told her to keep me in mind.. I would love to get Kosmo a brother, but it's in God's hands and that's how it will be. :) When the opportunity is right, it will happen. :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
21st November 2006, 10:36 PM
Exactly right, Sara. When something is meant to happen, it will :flwr:

If Storm isn't meant for you, then another little Cavalier *ng*l will be.

Maybe it's because of his health that they don't want to move him so far, I can understand that as they are probably afraid for him on the journey.

He really is such a gorgeous boy though, I hope his new home works out well for him :hug:

Cathy T
22nd November 2006, 01:15 AM
Sara - you are so right. What's meant to be will. I think it's wonderful though that you've kept this little guy in your heart.

Claire
22nd November 2006, 04:10 PM
Oh Sara, there will be right one for you out there, it is just so heart breaking that there are people who are perfect but just to far out.