PDA

View Full Version : Many Tears

matties mum
21st November 2006, 06:21 PM
There is 2 more cavaliers at Many tears ---aILEEN

misty
21st November 2006, 07:34 PM
awwwwwwww :(

these ****** puppy farms, those dogs look so sad and scared. Breaks my heart. My Bradley still suffers so much mentally, but an ex p/f dog is very rewarding.

matties mum
21st November 2006, 07:45 PM
I am working on the O/H .The first dog we got was a puppy/farm bitch a golden cocker spaniel we called her Penny she was a good dog but still had a few problems ---Aileen

misty
21st November 2006, 09:15 PM
I am working on the O/H .The first dog we got was a puppy/farm bitch a golden cocker spaniel we called her Penny she was a good dog but still had a few problems ---Aileen

Keep working on him, Aileen.... you'd be perfect.

Maxxs_Mummy
21st November 2006, 10:44 PM
Oh no, not more Cavs in there :cry*ing: I'd take them all if I could, shame hubby won't agree :cry*ing:

Those two little ones are so sweet and you can just see the pain and confusion in their eyes. I know what I'd like to do to those @*&^%$£^&** puppy 'farmers' and it involves a dark room and violence icon_whistling

Hope they get as lucky as Bradley did and get wonderful forever homes soon.

How is Topsy getting on, Fran? It's lovely having 3 isn't it? Even if you've got a grumpy one like I have :lol:

misty
21st November 2006, 11:35 PM
Oh no, not more Cavs in there :cry*ing: I'd take them all if I could, shame hubby won't agree :cry*ing:

Those two little ones are so sweet and you can just see the pain and confusion in their eyes. I know what I'd like to do to those @*&^%$£^&** puppy 'farmers' and it involves a dark room and violence icon_whistling

Hope they get as lucky as Bradley did and get wonderful forever homes soon.

How is Topsy getting on, Fran? It's lovely having 3 isn't it? Even if you've got a grumpy one like I have :lol:

Topsy's a sweetheart :). It's lovely having a lady in the house - I've never owned a bitch before, and it's so special having a tri colour again :) :). And I know all about grumpy ones ;)

Cailean decided to take Bradley up on the offer of a fight on Friday night (usually Cailean walks away), and Bradley's now set himself back about 2 months mentally :roll: We've heard nothing but grumps for the past 4 days!

Seriously, these puppy farm dogs have really suffered in ways we cannot begin to imagine and some of them will be scarred for life. If anyone adopts a p/f dog, they need to be in it for the long-haul. A volunteer at Many Tears told me all their cavs have rehabilitated within a MONTH .... no way!

I've had people talk to me in amazement that I didn't send Bradley back - WHAT RUBBISH!!!!!!

He's exceeded all our expectations but, to be fair, we didn't HAVE any expectations of him. It was a giving exercise .... we never expected any rewards and he has surprised us so much. To see him on the seesaw or the doing the jumps at agility with ears and tail flying is reward in itself :)

matties mum
22nd November 2006, 11:49 AM
Penny my puppy farm dog proved to be a really good dog she was never house trained but if you watch her you could tell when she needed to be let out ,she never would let me out of her sight and I could take her any were she was trained to walk just at the side of me, any one was a friend childern could do anything to her and she was never nasty it always worried me if people let them go to other peoles dogs not every dog was like her ---Aileen

Maxxs_Mummy
23rd November 2006, 05:33 PM
Rehabilitated within a month Fran???? :yikes Sorry, but what a laugh :lol:

I think Bradley is pretty normal for a puppy farm dog, bless him. I really don't think people know what they are taking on with a p/f dog & it's rarely easy.

You are wise to expect nothing of them and then as you are finding, every single step they take forward is wonderful :l*v:

Oh dear, so Caileywoos decided he'd had enough of being bossed around by Bradders then? LOL Can't really blame him if Bradley is trying to fight him ;) he'd probably had enough, bless him. We had this with Charlie & after Maxx retaliated (just the once) he started peeing everywhere again and wouldn't come to any of us :roll: It took me a good three weeks to get him back to being Charlie again if you get my meaning :roll:

Ah well, we still love them :lotsaluv:

misty
23rd November 2006, 10:12 PM
Rehabilitated within a month Fran???? :yikes Sorry, but what a laugh :lol:

I think Bradley is pretty normal for a puppy farm dog, bless him. I really don't think people know what they are taking on with a p/f dog & it's rarely easy.

You are wise to expect nothing of them and then as you are finding, every single step they take forward is wonderful :l*v:

Oh dear, so Caileywoos decided he'd had enough of being bossed around by Bradders then? LOL Can't really blame him if Bradley is trying to fight him ;) he'd probably had enough, bless him. We had this with Charlie & after Maxx retaliated (just the once) he started peeing everywhere again and wouldn't come to any of us :roll: It took me a good three weeks to get him back to being Charlie again if you get my meaning :roll:

Ah well, we still love them :lotsaluv:

Poor Bradley's confidence has gone for the time being .... he thinks everyone's against him and growls a lot. Trying to boost his self-esteem again now - bless his heart.

Everytime we get a mop or brush out, he cowers. Says something about the way he was treated, I think :(.

matties mum
23rd November 2006, 11:36 PM
Give him time that is the best thing he will get there---Aileen

Claire
24th November 2006, 01:37 PM
What a poor little fella, its probably hard for him to realise that he is in a great, comfortable home and will not be mistreated... give him a cuddle from me. It's such a shame that some ******* think they have the right to treat any animal this way... :(

Maxxs_Mummy
25th November 2006, 07:14 PM
Everytime we get a mop or brush out, he cowers. Says something about the way he was treated, I think :(.

Charlie actually sat still whilst I brushed down the patio the other day, Fran - what a breakthrough :flwr: He used to cower when we brought them out too and when we first got him, he'd pee himself when he saw the brush! I used to have to put him in the garden or another room whilst I mopped my floors. It'll take time but hopefully with your love and patience he'll get better.

It's taken Charlie a year, but I think we're finally making headway - he even jumped on Alison's lap for a cuddle on Thursday! :shock: