• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

It's that time of year again

Claire L

To all our American friends, may I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.
surrounded by those you love and all your precious Cavalier babies...
Have a wonderful time - good health! good cheer and lots of love from Ireland... :lotsaluv:

:flwr: :hug:

you guys confused me GOOD tonight!! I lived in the US for 18 years and the whole time I remember it being the 4th Thursday of November and then suddenly you guys are all saying happy thanksgiving on a Tuesday!! I was very confused.. :sl*p:

So happy thanksgiving on Thursday guys!! :)

I'm almost embarrassed to tell you all this (but not that embarrassed cause I think you all have gotten a feel for me). One year (I won't tell you how old I was because it'll make me sound even more stupid! But I was definitely over 20!) I made a comment about it being a bummer that Thanksgiving was on a Thursday that year because we wouldn't have a long weekend. Needless to say...that is how I aquired the nickname "airhead" and don't believe that particular group of people will ever let me live that one down icon_whistling

LOL! That was funny Cathy! Ya know, I'm not even sure if I even remember why it is always on a Thursday, I know....I really should know that! :sl*p:

And a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! And thanks for thinking of us!!

Happy Thanksgiving - wish we had that holiday! Instead I have to go to my work annual conference :yuk:

:updte:

:oops: Guess I made a boo boo there guys :sl*p: There was silly me thinking that you guys would be far too busy to come on here on Thursday so I tthought I'd get my well wishes in early ;)

Surely, you wont be surfin' the net on Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:flwr: :hug:

Happy Thanksgiving guys whenever you are celebrating it!!! Especially you Cathy :D
Julie and the girls

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and .... Claire, :thnku: for thinking of us.

Don't worry too much about saying it a day early .... I'd say it is a safe bet that most of us are already a bit in long weekend mode. :) Most of us in the US will also be off on Friday. :) (Cathy, I hope you are ...)

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :flwr:

So, who is going to be a lunatic like I am and hit the mall on Friday morning? :lol:

Are you asking about what happens on Friday?

Every store in America (practically) has an after Thanksgiving sale. Everyone buys their Christmas gifts and it is a madhouse at major malls and stores! You can hardly move!

I would be smart just to stay home with my pups, but my mother is dragging me out in the mess :sl*p:

No way am I joining the madness the day after! Too crazy for me.

Claire - just try to keep me off the board on Thursday :D I work from home and will be working Thursday a.m. and on Friday. Bummer. But I had a long weekend at the mountains and have to make up for it. It was worth it!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!! I am one of those lunatics that will be at the malls at 5 AM on Friday morning. My 14 year old goes with me and we make a day of it and have a blast!!! We shop, eat breakfast, shop more, do lunch shop more and more and more............................. :yikes

I don't know if it's known like this all over the US, but tomorrow is actually called "black friday". Not sure where that name came from, but most all stores have insane sales and the earlier you can get there, the more you save. There are stores here in Memphis that are opening at Midnight tonight.

I have never shopped on black friday because I am not a crowd person and it is NUTS around the malls, but I have family that goes (starting at 3am) and they claim to save tons of money on Christmas gifts!!!

Thanks so much for all the Thanksgiving wishes!!! :D

Back