PDA

View Full Version : Where can go the rescued Cavaliers??

Laura&Lia
22nd November 2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Karlin,

I have a question. From Spain I can adopt a rescued Cavalier?
I have had a rescued greyhounds at home that are adopted around the word (in EEUU or in the European Union).
:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Karlin
22nd November 2006, 10:02 PM
Most rescues will not send out dogs beyond the country or region in which they operate. The reason is: first most rescues need to do a home visit to the person who wants a dog, and cannot do this from a long distance. Second, if the person or family decides the dog does not fit in or doesn't like the dog or has problems with the dog and their own dog, then what happens? Normally the rescue would take back the dog or give advice but now the dog is hundreds or thousands of miles away.

Sometimes if a rescue can set up a good relationship with a rescue in the other country or region, they will work to send the dog through that rescue, and the other rescue will provide back-up. For most rescues, including me, it is too difficult and costly to do this and to ship a dog so we don't home abroad exceot in very special cases. I cannot even home dogs everywhere in Ireland because it is too far to drive to do homechecks. Sometimes I will home outside of the Dublin region if I have a rescue colleague who can do a homecheck in the area.

Often breed clubs do rescue so it is a good idea to talk to the nearest breed club.

Laura&Lia
22nd November 2006, 10:15 PM
Thank you for the information
In Spain is an unusual breed.

:flwr: