• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just venting...

moniechris

So today was quite eventful in the land of dogs a la mi casa. This morning Wesley got neutered, Cody got his final round of vaccinations and Stewie got his eyes checked (we just discovered he has mild dry eye and it is causing infections :( ). All three of my boys were micro chipped and now they are resting quietly on the couch.

What a day!!! Overall it cost around $300 (not including the $17.50 fee (times 3) for each of them to be registered for home again and the $35 a month it is going to cost for Stewie's eye medication :yikes ). But I feel as though the entire process has been worth it. They all are safe and healthy, and I feel like a better mommy for it :lotsaluv: Just the fact that they have microchips makes me feel so much better about letting them roam free in our fenced in back yard. There was always that what if...

It is so quiet now with all of them asleep...it's quite strange :slp:

windowandrest009.jpg

windowandrest008.jpg

Love how Cody is draped off that sofa back! And Ohana seems to be enjoying a sofa of QUIET dogs... :lol:

they look so cute all on the sofa..

What did they put Stewie on for his dry eye? Robbie has one eye that doesn't produce any tears. I just realized they other day that we haven't had an eye infection for about 3 months..woooo hooo I think that is the longest we've ever gone without one so maybe we finally have his routine down. He gets Refresh Liquigel as often as I can do it at least 6 times a day and Tacroliimus ointment twice a day. If his eye gets really goopy I use a saline eye wash to get all the goup out or if I'm not at home the Refresh Liquigel to clean the eye out.

wow, that's a lot in one day. wesley should be bouncing back by now.
i know what you mean about the microchip. I hadn't gotten zack microchipped yet, he was free to go into the small backyard. One night he disappeared, i couldn't find him inside or outside--i had to go out in the street and look for him, it was so scary. all i could think of was how he wasn't microchipped and if anyone did find him, there was no way they could return him to me. 45 minutes after he disappeared, he reappeared in the living room. i really didn't know where he had been, there was a small hole in the fence outside, seemingly too small for him to get through but the only theory i had. Then it happened again a week or so later, and he reappeared sooner than the other time, and he had some dirt on him so that was a clue, and i eventually i found evidence that he had burrowed under the tool shed, he dug a tunnel under it and was back behind it. He had never done any digging before. Anyway, he is microchipped now with Home Again and also is registered with AKCCARS and has one of their tags, and the Home Again tag, and one of those regular little ID tags with my phone numbers on it. i hope we never need to use those things.

Glad that they are all okay though - seems to me that we all probably look after our dogs more than we do ourselves... my bank manager likes writting to me after I have gone overdrawn due to a vet visit... :)

I can't remember what the vet recomended for Stewie's dry eye. He suggested that we treat the current infection to see if it makes any affect on tear production, then go back and do another tear test. All he said was that it wasn't cheap (about $35 for a tiny little tube) :yikes

Wesley is still really mopey, I think he is milking it for all it's worth. He just wants to be held in my arms like a toddler so everytime I turn around, there he is with a sad little look on his face. I have a new shadow now :D

Cody this morning is right back to his usual goofy self. He just figured out that he can jump on the couch all my himself!!! He keeps jumping off then taking a running gallop into the sofa; it is the funniest thing I have ever seen!! I think he is still a bit concerned that he won't make it all the way and has to run as fast as he can, just to make sure. lol. :D

Back