• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

At the vets

selina

I went into the vets the other day to see a friend that works there and lo and behold a litter of cavy pups. They were in for their first injection so were about 6 weeks old. All were tri's. They were so gorgeous. So of course I said "I want oooooonnnnnneeeeeee!" And she said they were all sold :( . But her other bitch has just been mated and is due in January. So I got her number and will ring her after chrissy to see how things are progressing. If she is pregnant she will have them in January and come March( the month of my birthday and my sons) we may have another cavy. I am so excited :jump: . Oh and by the way, hubby doesnt know about this yet. Thought I would break it to him after chrissy so as not to give him a heart attack about getting another dog. (y)

a post Christmas surprise for hubby--how sweet. :badgrin: i hope you will get your birthday wish.

ohhh sorry that the other litter was already sold but good luck for the next one and convincing your hubby! ;) hope it goes well

It just takes persistance with hubbies ;) Try high balling, "well I was going to get two, but I want to respect your opinion, so we will only get one..." lol!!!! :D :D :D

That's the way I convinced my fiancee to foster rescues...I wanted another puppy but he wasn't up for a fourth dog...so I offered the idea of "temporary" dogs that would satisfy my need to save the world and satisfy my cavalier fixation!! (It totally works ;) )

Oh!! or offer a trade...my fiancee wanted surround sound that I was absolutely opposed to (big bulky speakers :yuk: ) "You can have your (*add desired item here), if I can have a tri pup!!"

It's amazing what a little psychology degree can do for manipulation icon_whistling

PMSL Moniechris...

I use those sort of tactics on my hubby too! After being married to me for almost 23 years he still falls for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you, he's as bad - I still get the occasional phone call from him at work saying 'There is a failed drugs dog who needs rehoming immediately or he'll be put to sleep, I'll bring him home for the night, OK?'

I always reply in the same way 'Actually, no, it's not OK and they don't just put those dogs to sleep, they either rehome them or redeploy them and I know that you've probably been telling its handler that I've always wanted one of those and can you borrow it' :roll:

He must think I'm as daft as he is :lol: :lol: :lol: Even the kids say 'Nice try, Dad' to him :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no idea how I convinced hubby we need two....much less how I persuaded him to get one in the first place!! Oh yeah....for Jake he got a new tv and for Shelby he got a new gun safe. I'm the one that made out on both of those deals!!

Back