• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our weekend trip

Cathy T

We had a wonderful time at the mountains last weekend. We left Friday a.m. for Big Bear (about 3 hours away) and took the pups with us. Had a wonderful cabin on the water with a perfect set up for x-pens to keep the pups in the backyard

HPIM1755.jpg

HPIM1793.jpg

HPIM1791.jpg

We got to play ball in the backyard every day
HPIM1802.jpg

HPIM1718.jpg

Jake must have been in a generous mood because every once in a while he actually let Shelby have the ball
HPIM1727.jpg

There were plenty of pinecones and lots of bark to chew on
HPIM1729.jpg

Daddy got to go fishing off the dock off the backyard. Sorry...no pups on the dock, the water was so cold I was afraid one of them would fall in
HPIM1733.jpg

Are you sure we can't get down there? Let's put our heads together and figure out a way
HPIM1752.jpg

HPIM1751.jpg

HPIM1753.jpg

What did you catch for us Daddy? Your hands smell soooo good!
HPIM1768.jpg

The weather was beautiful. Low 60s during the day and low 30s at night. We got to bundle up and watch the sunset
HPIM1776.jpg

The princess got a pillow between hubby and me (so she wouldn't sleep on my head) Jake was happy just laying in the middle of the bed
HPIM1801.jpg

We got to sit on the stairs and look out the window. Aren't there any dogs up here??!!!
HPIM1796.jpg

It was fun sitting by the fire
HPIM1782.jpg

We were so busy during the day that we conked out together at night
HPIM1788.jpg

And you know, a girl needs her beauty sleep
HPIM1745.jpg

I took the stroller into the Village to go shopping and boy did we draw a lot of attention. We ran into another couple with their schnauzer....in the exact same stroller. Kind of validated me...and made me feel not quite so weird. The bookstore was super dog friendly, they had a section of doggie stuff and we got a new water bowl and a couple of new toys, puppy dogs that barked Christmas carols (click the image to play a short video) Jake could care less about the new toys...throw my ball now!

What's daddy doing put all of our stuff in the car? Do we have to go home already?! Well, it sure was a good weekend....can we come back again soon?
HPIM1794.jpg

I am so jealous! that looks like a wonderful place! A dock, a yard, a fireplace?? It doesn't get better than that!
Do you own it or rent it? If you rent do they charge extra for the dogs? Hand over the number sister! I am moving in!!! :D

:p You all look like you had a brilliant time!!!! jake and shelby look beautiful! and there ears are so nicely feathered!!!!!!! at first i thought there was another blenheim pup sleeping with your two in the last few photos! then i realised it was a toy!!!! :lol: it is a toy right?? :?

oh Cathy! what a wonderful place--have you stayed there before? Great weather, perfect for sleeping with dogs.
I enjoyed the photo series so much. You showed so many differents parts of the experience, it was kind of like being there, really getting the flavor of it.
those dogs look very happy up there in that fresh air. i love the picture of them with you.
i know what you mean about "weirdness" in public places. I sometimes feel that way. i'm sure the stroller gets a lot of double takes. "What was THAT in that stroller???" :lol:

Lovely pics Cathy, I love the 'we don't want to go home' pic - bless them. so sweet the pair of them.

My sound card has gone on the computer so I couldn't get the full effects of the video :(

Looks like an amazing weekend! I'm envious! I'd love to go away with Coco once she is fully housetrained!
You got some beautiful pictures. The dogs look so sweet. I loved seeing them! :flwr:

Oh I wish we owned it!!! So out of our price range it's not even funny. The nightly rate was reasonable. We have rented from this firm for the last several years. When I called to make a reservation this year I found out I've been talking to the same person for the last 3 years! She said we always left our places immaculate and that even though this cabin wasn't "pet-friendly" they would have no problem allowing us to bring the dogs. Unfortunately to the unit did not come with a vacuum :yikes So we went to the local Wal Mart and picked up a cheapie to make sure we left the place clean. Well worth the extra $50! We'll definitely go back there next time. Hubby had his fishing, pups had their backyard, I have the view and we all had the king size bed!

Nisha - that's Jake's toy. Well, originally it was mine to decorate a bed...but Jake decided it was his. He gets very "friendly" with it :D

Oh that just looks like a little piece of heaven. I'm so jealous :D
Looks like everyone had a ball. 8)

What a wonderful holiday it must have been. Everybody looked so happy and relaxed. I love the photos. :D

Wow, it was like taking a mini-vacation just looking at your wonderful photos! I wish we had a place like that near here! Your pups are adorable, too. I love the way they watched your hubby fishing! :lol:

Looks like a fantastic getaway! It looks like the dogs thoroughly enjoyed their vacation, and you and your hubby look quite happy as well :)

Wow, Cathy, what a fabulous looking place. I love the happy pixs of Jake and Shelby. Looks like you all had a terrific time.

Back