• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

breeding gone mad

ellie and charlie

just been on epupz looking at cavis some people make me feel sick{not all, there is a lot of reseptable breeders out there}when you reed through there breeders page,they have same poor dogs in pup and it makes me feel mad.one woman has a bitch on twice in one year ,once reg kc next time not?????????? why dose that site allow this.think a lot are backgarden puppy farms.they dont care for the breed just their pockets.especially this time of year.
my next moans is what do you think of cavis been crossed with other breeds,iv just seen cavi-pappilon cavi-jack russel cavi-chuwawa{cant spell this} what next and they are asking big money for these.
:x

I am not that keen on cavy crosses, but for alot of people they dont care. They just want a good dog and not have to pay the price of a pure bred. And its amazing what the internet will allow to sell. My friend happened on a website quite by accident, that sold cats in bottles. Yes they are alive. It makes me feel sick that people can be so cruel.

fortunately, the bonzai kittens is apparently an urban legend. someone sent me an email about it some years ago and i emailed it to a couple of friends, thinking it was true, but then one of my friends sent me the link of an urband legend exposure website that said the bonzai kittens was a hoax, which is a relief.

here's one website that gives information about it being a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/bonsai.asp

The reason that some BYB's only register some litters and not others is because the Kennel Club would not register too many litters from one bitch, they would tell them that it is unethical breeding.

Unfortunately, some people only breed for the money and don't really care about rules and regs :(

I think theyre only allowed to register one litter a year per bitch in the UK KEnnel Club.

If there are no papers, you know over breeding or puppy farming is going on.

In Ireland breeders are now required to microchip all IKC reg puppies so what they are doing is offering a lower price for puppies without the chips. :sl*p: So they can imply they can get IKC registration but will sell you a pup cheaper if it doesn;t have IKC reg -- which means they can;t get it, of course. I mean it is €30 at most for most breeders to chip a puppy. Vets have also told me they have clients who were there when the breeder chipped their pup before them -- and then when they scanned for a chip, none was there; they just inject the poor pup with the needle without putting in a chip. :x

The IKC REALLY needs to be promoting this chip programme and informing the public about it so they know what to ask for. And the IKC needs to be backing breeders who chip and getting rid of those who don't or offer alternative, cheaper pups. :x

That's disgusting, Karlin :yikes It's even worse than the BYB's here who sell pups for one price with papers and another without :roll:

When I was in the market for a puppy, I searched on puppyfind.com and over the past few years you can see the quality of the puppies just GOING DOWN HILL. It has really gotten worse this past year...The babies and mothers are scrawny and have that helpless, hollow look to them. The prices are also so low that is makes it tempting for people who want a cavalier but can't afford a reputable breeder's prices. It's horrible. A lot of times it is blatantly obvious that it is a miller because they have about 10 breeds listed and they don't even bother to take the dogs out of the chicken wire cages to photograph them. It enfuriates me!!!!
Most of the time they use "registries" like ACA or APRI which are basically worthless and you can register any mutt off the street and breed puppies "with papers".
Also...they offer one price for "pet registry" then another higher price for "full registry" which comes with "full breeding rights".... and the cycle continues

:bang:

That pretty much sums it up.....

People who breed these little angels for straight profit, and care nothing about the health or well-being of the animal make me sick....

I work in a vet clinic and the amount of designer dogs that come through is insane! People paying $800-$1000 for a puppy that has come from god knows where, have no idea of the parents health, temperament or anything. They don’t know if the parents were bred in a nice environment with areas to run, play and have fun and most of them don’t care, as long as in the end they get there cute little snoodle or labradoodle or cavoodle and so forth. Some cross breeds are lovely, Labradoodles and Groodles are two that are really nice, but they like any dog deserve to be bred and raised in a healthy, happy, friendly environment not some backyard puppy farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The amount of horror stories that are relayed back to us at times is completely mind boggling and I find it infuriating!!!!!!
As for people who continually breed their animals, not giving them adequate time to recover is completely and utterly unacceptable! There should be tougher regulations and checks on ANYONE breeding ANY animals whether it’s a rabbit or a horse. I find it utterly disheartening to see animals being treated like they are in many pets hops, they all deserve better whether they're a mouse or a dog.
I’ve rescued two rabbits and a guinea pig this last year from euthanasia and worked in a cat rescue place in my hometown where I saw so many cats put down each day I was an emotional wreck! It’s horrible what people will put some animals through, and what ignorance results in. People who don’t get their pets sterilized for selfish reasons should try working at a animal shelter who doesn’t have the funds or facilities to have a no put-down policy and see how they feel seeing a pregnant animal, kittens and so forth being euthanized because there is no place for them to go.
I could talk about this issue for hours as I’m VERY passionate about it, I just find it so hard to understand how other people can not care about how they treat animals
I don't like leaving on a negative note so here's a photo of one of the bunnies i saved, she's now my rabbit and called Bangbang ;)

nov06019.jpg

thanks for the picture of bangbang. you have very cute blankies too i've noticed. :flwr:

Hahaha yes I'm often down at the fabric shop buying fleece material, must be bright and with funny pictures on it :lol: Make blankets and jumbers etc for my pets, they must have the best :D

oh its terrible! today i went to a market place that had some neat thing just for a quick browse and i saw two things that shocked me..one was a person that owned a fruit shop and had a sign saying "purebred lab puppies for sale (then it listed the colours), and then it said take your orders now! and when it had listed the different colours it had 5 chocolate, 12 black, and 15 golden!!!!!! can you believe that!

then a secong place there was a sign saying "puppies for sale buy one get the other for 1/2 price!"...they were sold like clothes items!!!!!! it was terrible! i gave the people a piece of my mind and they told me 2 mind my own business.. :roll: people these days

That's disgusting, I don't know how anyone could sell an animal like its material. The other thing that bugs me about that, they don't care who buys it as long as they get rid of it before the next litter is born.
Good on you for giving them a piece of your mind, its a shame more people don't, maybe just maybe they'd get the hint that its not acceptable... doubt though people like that can't actually care about the animals they own or breed, otherwise why would they do it :shifty:

seen one saying 6yrs cavi bitch for sale no fault of her own,lovely dog ,good pet home or for breeding.i couldnt belive it,i couldnt part with one of mine any way but no way would she be selt to any one for back yard breeding.

When my husband and I were on vacation in September, we saw a couple with a stroller, and holding what we thought was a stuffed animal, we assumed was for the baby in the stroller. Then we saw it move. I just had to see what this "Teddy Bear" was. As the couple got closer we could see they were holding a dog, and strolling a little Chihuahua. The dog as it turned out was a designer dog. Half Yorkie and half Papillion. It was truly the cutest thing I have ever seen. The owner worked at a shelter, and had rescued this little baby. It was already totally blind at just a year old. Very sad. She was telling us all the horror stories about these designer dogs and how many they are getting at her shelter because of these "mad experiments" gone bad. It just broke my heart to see this precious baby already blind. It was a very sweet little dog. She took him when they could not find another home for him. Bless her. He now has a very nice life with this great couple, who adopted him.

Back