PDA

View Full Version : i think she is beautiful

ellie and charlie
27th November 2006, 08:59 AM
this is ellie my little bitch,just wanted to put her pic up and say i think she is beautiful.took her to ring class and a lady their was quite horrible saying she was ugly and no good to show,i only show ellie at companion shows cause she actually likes it.i have not been back to ring craft since but think im going back :roll: http://static.flickr.com/102/305696021_5c85e04232.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/117/305696016_cb4867cad9.jpg
this is showing her after her op,so she has 3 fluffy legs and 1 growing back :jump:
and can i mention toby my big dog,we rescued him as a pup he was left dumped at the side of my stables,he as been so faithful dog and keeps ellie and charlie in line,well some timeshttp://static.flickr.com/99/305696020_d68d9698e3.jpg

lily
27th November 2006, 10:00 AM
she is far fromugly & i think the lady at the show needs flamming glasses.. shes adorable & dont let that c## tell you otherwise the cheeky mare!!!!! :swear:

inca
27th November 2006, 10:23 AM
the lady at ringcraft should mind her own how rude is she ??????????

merlinsmum
27th November 2006, 10:25 AM
The woman must be blind!!!!!! Ellie is gorgeous :D ( If you get sick of her you can send her here! -I'm sure the boys wouldn't mind the company of such a good looking young lady icon_whistling )

tuna
27th November 2006, 11:46 AM
Some people are just snobby elitists. Screw them.

inca
27th November 2006, 12:17 PM
i went to a training class out of town once said to be good for cavaliers ( were lots there) a lady told me India WAS NOT SHOW POTENTIAL...

i polity said we will see..............

met her at a show 3 months later we got the 2nd her dog wasn't placed

grins all round our camp in the corner icon_whistling

for those who want to see her look LEFT :flwr:

ellie and charlie
27th November 2006, 12:33 PM
it can be cruel world

inca
27th November 2006, 12:38 PM
it can be cruel world

yes i can be ......she prob said it cos she thinks she has the best
you keep going enjoy the training and exemption showing don't let someones snide remarks put you off ;)

Cathy T
27th November 2006, 03:46 PM
I agree with you! I think she's beautiful too! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...that woman must have been blind ;)

frecklesmom
27th November 2006, 03:57 PM
There are far too many people that are just mean-spirited-will say anything to put someone down. Ignore that idiot-she is an uglie. Your Ellie is so pretty, normal people can appreciate her.

Denise G.
27th November 2006, 04:05 PM
That lady was obviously trying to thin out the competition! Ellie is a beautiful girl!!!

WoodHaven
27th November 2006, 04:07 PM
this is ellie my little bitch,just wanted to put her pic up and say i think she is beautiful.took her to ring class and a lady their was quite horrible saying she was ugly and no good to show,i only show ellie at companion shows cause she actually likes it.i have not been back to ring craft since but think im going back :roll: timeshttp://static.flickr.com/99/305696020_d68d9698e3.jpg

You always have to question "WHY" someone would make such a statement. TRULY-- why would she feel the need to make you want to stop-- definately NOT because she thought her dogs could beat yours. food for thought-- Sandy

moniechris
27th November 2006, 05:37 PM
Wesley and Cody would love to lift their leg on that old hag. Just give me a time and place. Who says things like that!!?? :swear:

I think she is beautiful :flwr:

Joanne M
27th November 2006, 05:44 PM
Ellie is breathtakingly beautiful. I suspect that twisted old prune was jealous. Tobie is a hunk!

Lindsay
27th November 2006, 05:55 PM
I have yet to see an ugly cavalier...period! Honestly, all dogs in some way are beautiful.

She obviously doesn't have the love for the breed and compassion for dogs that should be required of a dog owner! :x

Your girl is beautiful and give her an extra treat from all of us! :flwr:

ellie and charlie
27th November 2006, 07:38 PM
:updte: ellie cant get through the door tonight to go for a walk her head is so big with complments she is stuck lol :lol: :lol:

moniechris
27th November 2006, 07:49 PM
:rah: :w**h**: :*nana: And she deserves every last one!! :lotsaluv:

Darby's Mom
27th November 2006, 08:35 PM
ellie cant get through the door tonight to go for a walk her head is so big with complments she is stuck

You're so funny! I'm glad you didn't take that horrible woman's opinion to heart! Obviously she has absolutely NO IDEA what she's talking about! Ellie is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

In no way do I want to "hijack" this thread, but I think you will appreciate a similar experience about 8 months ago I had with Darby. We were at a conformation class, and a woman there (with her Cav) said that she is a premier Cavalier judge :huh: and that I shouldn't bother showing Darby.... "she's too dainty and small to ever win anything... yadda yadda yadda...." I beg your pardon?? :x She's 15.4 lbs (well within the standard), and heaven forbid she looks like a girl (versus some of the bitches I've seen win, who are more masculine than the dogs :yikes ). Anyways, much like Inca's experience, we were at the Wine Country Kennel Club Annual Show 2 weeks ago in Napa Valley.... and at 19 months old, Darby placed first in her Open Bitch Class, then went on to take Winner's Bitch, THEN went on to win Best of Opposite!! The "evil judge lady from class" was also at ringside (her 2 "perfect specimens" did absolutely nothing in the show... awwww... shucky darn.) flashing me looks of disapproval the whole time. Neener neener neener!!! Talk about validation!! It felt so good!!! And, Darby has numerous "Best Of" wins under her belt now! I should mail her the official show picture: icon_devil

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/cdmoe/darby/BOSWin11-11-06.jpg

So, who cares what "nasty, angry, pent-up, needs-to-get-some-action" lady says about Ellie! She's beautiful, and don't let ANYBODY tell you otherwise!!!

Cathy T
28th November 2006, 01:48 AM
:updte: ellie cant get through the door tonight to go for a walk her head is so big with complments she is stuck lol :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

ellie and charlie
28th November 2006, 09:50 AM
forgot to mention she is one of cavalier judges in uk :sl*p:

ellie and charlie
28th November 2006, 09:53 AM
i know this is going of subject a bit but when at a show you have walked your dog up and down then ask them to stand for judge why do people put their hand to mouth and do like a kiss noise???? never did that at ring class but loads of people do this,

Lisa_T
28th November 2006, 08:29 PM
Maybe they're wishing themselves luck? I didn't notice it at the (two!) shows I've been at, but next one I go to, I'm watching for that... :lol:

Darby's Mom
28th November 2006, 11:30 PM
I know this is going of subject a bit but when at a show you have walked your dog up and down then ask them to stand for judge why do people put their hand to mouth and do like a kiss noise????

We do this because it gets the dog's attention and creates "expression" from the dog. It causes the dog to focus up onto the handler (toward the judge), and the *kiss*kiss* often creates just enough of that adorable "head cock" we all know and love so that they can look as cute as possible to the judge! :p The noise also helps raise the ears.

Judges use this final free-stack to look at two things: the overall shape and posture of the dog, and the expression of the dog.

The "hand to mouth" is because "hand" usually equals "cookie," and it helps to draw the dogs gaze and attention up towards the judge.

Hope that helps!

enchantingdragon
29th November 2006, 12:40 AM
Awww she is beautiful Dont let other negativity get you down

ellie and charlie
29th November 2006, 07:20 PM
so to start training for the kiss kiss at end do i make a conection with food untill they get hang??

Darby's Mom
1st December 2006, 04:50 AM
Sure! But, I think you'll find the connection with the hand comes quite naturally! ;) At the beginning of training a dog for conformation, you reward them ALOT with little morsles all the time. Trust me, they will figure out to follow your hand whever it goes very quickly. :D

The *kiss*kiss* just focuses their attention. Always a good idea to start practicing with it now, since there's a lot of distraction & noise at dog shows. They will recognoze the *kiss*kiss* means: "COOKIE, SOON!" :rotfl:

ellie and charlie
1st December 2006, 10:29 AM
thanks il start now :flwr:

Laura&Lia
13th December 2006, 08:30 AM
I can't see an ugly dog. I only see a bad person (very snob)

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Our rescues aren't phisically very beautiful. But all of them make us happy, so they are gorgeus!

:hug:

Claire
14th December 2006, 12:55 PM
What a cheeky bitch I would have told her to look in the mirror.... :shock: but then I have a big mouth!

Cicero's Mummy
14th December 2006, 01:37 PM
I have two pet peeves as a doggie mommy...

1. Everyone (complete strangers) automatically assumes it is okay to pet, pick up or play with my doggie, no matter what situation! --- I wouldn't just come over and start petting or playing with your kid!

2. Everyone (complete strangers) automatically assume since it isn't a human child, that it is okay to comment on how ugly or otherwise your dog is! I wouldn't go up to someone with a deformed kid and say... "oh my your kid is missing a leg, how gross or ugly!"

AHH! :yikes

Okay... now that I have that off my chest... (again only my opinion..) I think it was rude for her to say that! Oh well, maybe she is just jealous!

AT
14th December 2006, 01:55 PM
2. Everyone (complete strangers) automatically assume since it isn't a human child, that it is okay to comment on how ugly or otherwise your dog is! I wouldn't go up to someone with a deformed kid and say... "oh my your kid is missing a leg, how gross or ugly!"

AHH!

!

people have no manners do they

We had a stall at a fundraising show & this horrible couple came over took OUR seats & started telling us how ugly our charlies were & that they had been to see some pups at our dogs breeders but they were far too ugly so they didnt buy one ( how can anyone say an 8 week old pup of any breed is ugly :( )

They had a little scruffy terrier cross thing & the woman was the most ugly person i've ever seen ( if you've seen the old woman in the film something about mary & imagine that 10 times worse) when they had finished insulting us she sat on a bench opposite twiddling her armpit hair & then chewing her nails :yikes :yuk:

i've also had a bad exprience at ring craft. i took my young girl for socalisation & they called her all sorts because she had a bad bite ( they didnt even know what breed she was) & one woman picked her up by her scruff !

Maxxs_Mummy
18th December 2006, 11:37 AM
Oh my word! How can anyone be so rude? I think Ellie is a beautiful little one and she'll soon be showing that woman with the ugly manners and personality just how beautiful, when she starts to win all the prizes ;)

Seriously, I think that beauty is only skin deep and it's what underneath that counts - that woman is obviously ugly through and through :yuk: Ellie, however, is a little angel right through to her heart and back out again :) :flwr:

Kodee
18th December 2006, 06:54 PM
I have issues with this woman, your dog has one beautiful face, shiny coat and eyes with personality! Some people are just unhappy and they like to spread their mood around to feel better - you have to ignore such ploys to serve no one but themselves.