• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What Happened ???

nlg679

Anyone know what happened to Cavalier Connection website???
It seems to be down....gone???
Hope not! :?

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Nancy it is saying Account Suspended for me too, and a few others.
Have no idea what happened.

Someone emailed Leigh Ann and this is whats going on ......

Canaca, the host, said our account has been suspended due to server overload. I let Bart know and asked Canaca what to do about it. I haven't heard anything. If they want me to delete dead accounts or old messages or something, they'll have to put it back online. I don't know if we get a certain amount of bandwidth each month, in which case we'd be OK at the end of the week. Let everyone who you have e-mail for know and I'll try to keep everyone posted.

I haven't been able to access that board all day either.

Roxanne, can you post ongoing updates for the status of their problem here?

Thanks

Thanks for the update, Roxanne! I too, was getting worried! I need my daily "fix" of both sites! icon_whistling

Hopefully, LeighAnn can get it worked out without too much hassel or inconvenience to her.

That's strange...I haven't had any trouble all day and I have been on the site nonstop (while I am supposed to be working icon_whistling ). I did attempt to check an email notification and it said "link does not exist"...

I get redirected to the same "Account Suspended" page that everyone else seems to be getting ... glad to know it's not just me at least ... icon_nwunsure

Anyway, hope it comes back up soon. :)

I've e-mailed Canaca and the trouble ticket is still open. I'm trying to find out exactly what this means. I've also e-mailed Bart, for all the good that does. I'll keep you posted. We may have hit our limit for the month. But I don't think this month has been any busier than any other.

Yep, I get the "Account Suspended" page too. I was worried that I had violated some rule and it was just me. Thanks for the info, Roxanne!

Bruce, I thought the same thing. Then, since I was at work I thought I might be in trouble for viewing the site during my break. I think I must have this basic fear that Big Brother is watching me. Ha!

moniechris said:
That's strange...I haven't had any trouble all day and I have been on the site nonstop (while I am supposed to be working icon_whistling ). I did attempt to check an email notification and it said "link does not exist"...
Well, I guess now we know who broke it!
icon_whistling

If they said server overload, then what this means is that there are now too many accounts, too much traffic, and too much info in the database for the level of hosting service Bart is paying for. If an account routinely is going over its allotment and the owner hasn;t responded to previous warnings then they will suspend the account. Knowing Bart, he probably doesn't look at the messages that come to his admin mailbox and didn't know the board was going over max. size -- he is very, very difficult to reach. Deleting messages isn't really appropriate on a board that makes constant use of archive material and would not be the approach most board admins would want to take as it truly changes the point of a board and having archives (you might as well set the board to autodelete messages -- there are facilities with this board software for pruning old threads no one has posted too in a long time, but often those are just the threads people go looking for at some point). Also the database probably isn't the issue -- far more likely, is that he doesn't have enough bandwidth on the type of account he has, or a combination of both.

In the past that board was hosted eslewhere so this seems to be a new arrangement -- used to be hosted at what I think was his work site. Canaca is new.

He switched to Canaca with this new board format. The old board formats was on his work server. The main board is also on his work service. It's just the message board itself that's on something else.

While archives are important, there's no need to keep every "isn't my dog cute" message ever posted! The autoprune is turned off, but really old threads still disappear anyway.

They shouldn't ever disappear with phpBB unless they are on autoprune or the database is corrupted. Why not just set the board to autodelete old threads then? That's the easiest resolution to capacity (eg database) problems but won't solve the issue if it is traffic.

Donna was the lifesavor who emailed Leigh Ann ! I just passed on the message she got ;)

If Bart is MIA and not really a part of the board do you think he will continue paying for the board ??

My Chihuahua board is hosted on proboards and its unlimited bandwidth which is soooooo nice !!

Thanks a lot Mickey!!!!! :roll: lol!!

It would be my luck that I screwed up the site because I am on it 24/7!!!! icon_whistling

Has anyone else had trouble logging on the the connection board since it came back online???

I can't log in still. I can see the site and read but when I log in it says ID is suspended or blocked or something. Anyone here able to help?

Molly was having trouble earlier, but she is fine now.
I was just on it and it is fine. :? :? :? :?

Back