PDA

View Full Version : Soon To Be A Stay at home Momma

Cicero's Mummy
27th November 2006, 10:02 PM
Hi there everyone...

A little about me...

I am a post-college girl in that is right now slaving away in the 9-5, or should I say 7:30-6 with no brakes! I am a nanny of two adorable children ages 5 and 3, I say adorable because, well they are so cute that I forgive them everynight and wake up and come into work the next day. My 5 year old is midly autistic and that can be somewhat of a challange to this 24-year old girl who has only obtained a Early Childhood Degree!! My 3 year old is a joy at times and a ballerina without listening ears at others! She is such a joy and helps greatly with her brother's troubles. She is 3 going on 30!

My husband is in his 3rd year at The Ohio State College of Medicine and has the ever dreaded rotations! Right now, he is in Ob/Gyn which is proving to not be as difficult as everyone makes it out to be!

I am super excited because my husband and I have fully commited to adding a member to our home. It should be awesome and fun to have a little furry member of our home! We have no children of our own (dont ask please, it's personal) and decided that a furry one would be just as great (after having been a nanny, I say better).

So, with that all said, I guess you can deduce the following:

1) One more year of med school for the hubby
2) I'm 24 and a girl :)
3) We are getting a Cavalier (Tri named Cicero Alexander)
4) As of August 2007, I am going to be a SAHM to our cavalier!

That is me... in a board note! Lol!

:flwr: Raven
http://tinypic.com/483ys5c.gif

Karlin
28th November 2006, 02:36 AM
Welcome and bet you will hardly be able to stand waiting for that cavalier baby to arrive! :lol: Also -- be sure to have a read through the Getting Started section (very top forum section) , which has lots of details on how to set up profiles, what can be (legally!) posted -- and notes that we have avatars but I don't allow sigs here -- simply because it gets very distracting and makes threads hard to read for some folks (hence, I set up the board to allow avatars instead :) ). :thmbsup: I know the cavalier in the sig though -- that's Ollie, who belongs to my friend Sandy; he has syringomyelia. Sandy and I were over in London at the recent cavalier SM forum for vet neurologists as we both have SM dogs aand are very interested in this issue. :)

Cathy T
28th November 2006, 02:55 AM
Welcome Raven. Sounds like you have lots of exciting changes coming up. Also have lots to look forward to!! Hope to hear more about your upcoming puppy!

Joanne M
28th November 2006, 03:25 AM
You've come to the right place. I just found it a couple of weeks ago and now I wonder how I survived the past year+ without it. Incredibly informed and generous people. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I'm a first time SAHM too, and i'm 48 :)

Cicero's Mummy
28th November 2006, 03:15 PM
Ah, sorry didnt see that... yes, I have been to Ollie's site and am anxiously trying to find his book!! I just adore his story! It is an inspiration to everyone!

Jasmine
1st December 2006, 08:26 PM
Welcome :flwr:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/cavlars/Snowglobe.gif

Charleen
19th December 2006, 03:32 AM
Welcome Raven - I see that you list that you are/were from Vernal, Utah. I have family living in Roosevelt, UT, which I think is close to Vernal as I recall.

GudrunTheRed
19th December 2006, 04:16 PM
Welcome! I work at home so technically I'm a SAHM to my lovebug Chester and I LOVE it!

We all look forward to hearing more about you and your future furbaby.

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome Raven - I see that you list that you are/were from Vernal, Utah. I have family living in Roosevelt, UT, which I think is close to Vernal as I recall.

Lol, yep.. I know right were Roosevelt is! My fil is regularly over there to check on cows! We are actually going home to Vernal this Saturday for the Christmas Holiday. I can't wait! I get to meet my new little furkid for the first time!