• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Color Blind

arasara

Why if dogs are color blind does Kosmo hate everything with the color red?!

Somebody with blood on their face just came on the screen and Kosmo FREAKED out! He also freaks at the broom, dust pan, even the color of one of my bathrooms.. :roll: I just turned off the TV or I'll put away the broom or dust pan but I don't understand why if he's so color blind he can distinguish the color red so easily?

Are other cavs like this or do I have a "special case" on my hands? icon_whistling

They aren't colour blind, in the sense that they see in black and white; they have some colour frequencies that they can see. like a 'colour-blind' human (which doesn;t really mean blind to colour). More info on this interesting subject! :)

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1567

However they cannot see red which suggests he is afraid of something particular to the objects or patterns, not a colour. I have read that yellow in the best colour ball to get a dog as a red or blue ball will merge with the grass for them while white or yellow will stand out.

That's interesting. We tried Holly with a number of coloured balls and she had little interest. They were often blue/red/green. My father said she was colour blind as she'd often go straight past them!

The ring on the other hand is mainly yellow, and she seems to have no problems with that.

Shows what I know!! I always thought dogs saw in black and white! I guess you learn something new everyday...Thanks Karlin! :D

color blindness

Well jeez, that explains it...... yet another thing I was unaware of!
Winnie the pooh is yellow/gold Tucker's favorite toy, he wears a red shirt, which tucker immediately removes as soon as he gets winnie, I put the shirt back on Winnie and Tucker takes it off again!

Back