• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sam

sallymum

Have sam over 3 weeks now and i would recommend a rescue older dog any day. I have had no probs with Sam what so ever,gets on great with everyone from my grandaughter who is 19 months to my dad(better not put his age up). He is such a joy to own,even though he is 6 and has a few probs on heart tablets and slightly deaf he is still very puppy people cant believe when i tell them how old he is.
He gets on brilliant with Sally who is 6 months old the 2 of them do everything together though i give them some time on there own everyday.
Before i had Sam he used to hide alot under beds or the couch but since he came here he has never hid, hope this means that he feels secure here.
At the moment i am looking into finding a good puppy class for them, it might help Sally to calm down abit and maybe sort out Sam only prob which is barking at any dog that we meet when out on walks.
So to anyone thinking of rescuing a older cav go for it. I forgot to mention Sam is also a big snuggle bug who likes nothing better than to sleep on someones lap.

I love hearing about Sam and how well he is getting on with you and Sally. :) Sounds like a match made in heaven! :flwr:

I've got a recommended trainer for you -- if you email Tara at Dog Training Ireland, she can give you contact details for Theresa. :)

taraATdogtrainingireland.com

How wonderful that Sam has the happy home that he so deserves. You are super for giving him a loving place.

It's so great to hear Sam is doing so well. And that you are all so pleased with each other. Great!

sallymum said:
So to anyone thinking of rescuing a older cav go for it. I forgot to mention Sam is also a big snuggle bug who likes nothing better than to sleep on someones lap.

:yikes knowing how big Sam is!!! :yikes
I'm really pleased for Sammy - he surely deserves it..well done...look forward to pics sometime soon.

sallymum said:
Have sam over 3 weeks now and i would recommend a rescue older dog any day. I have had no probs with Sam what so ever,gets on great with everyone from my grandaughter who is 19 months to my dad(better not put his age up). He is such a joy to own,even though he is 6 and has a few probs on heart tablets and slightly deaf he is still very puppy people cant believe when i tell them how old he is.

Congratulations & well done Sallymum on giving Sam such a happy new home :flwr:
If my friends ever become interested in dogs I will be HIGHLY recommending getting an older dog. I can't believe how little work Tandie has been. Having only had puppies before this it was such a joy to have a housetrained dog that we can bring everywhere with us. :)

Back