• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ear hair

Nisha

ive noticed thats some of the cavvy's on this site have the hair on their ears straight and others have really curly hair.
is this just by chance that the dogs ear hair will go curly? like could happen to any cav...or was the hair curly on the ears when they were young puppies?

dont know if you understood me, i couldnt even understand it myself when i typed it up! icon_whistling

I think cavvies are like people - some have straight hair and some have curly, plus everything in between. :)

I think there may be a link with the color variatons too. Wesley is a tri and had THICK, lucious curly locks on his ears. Cody is a blenhiem and his hair is more straight and fine.
It seems like the tris tend to have more curly hair, but that is just an observation from pictures that I have seen. I could be totally off my rocker!

Karlin said something to this effect a while ago and I see it in my own pair.

She said that Blenheims and Rubies tend to have straight ear hair, whilst the B/Ts and tris are more likely to have profuse curls.

Amber is a ruby and has very straight ear hair on beautifully long leathers. If you look at the photo, her ears look like they've grown a lot of hair- they haven't, it's just the leathers are very long for a puppy of this age. Her ears will almost certainly stay straight.

Holly is B/T and as a puppy, her ears were quite short leather wise, but all bushed out in little curls! Big ears, big eyes, and tiny face, that was her. Her ears, as you see, are still very curly, though since I've taken to putting some detangler in them they tangle less and are slightly straighter. Detangler is a gift! :D

oh ok..thanks for that...yea i first noticed the curly ear hair thing when i looked at Donna's Maxx with Whitney sitting next to him i noticed the ear hair difference..just curious...but i dont think i have seen any rubies of blenheims with the curly hair so yeah :p

Back