PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on kong puppy paste

Natalie
29th November 2006, 08:00 PM
Have anyone used kong puppy paste in there kongs and do your pups enjoy it. Does anyone know list of ingredients?

Denise G.
29th November 2006, 08:28 PM
I can't tell you the exact ingredients, but I've looked before and was not happy with all the additives/preservatives I saw.

I think most dogs like peanut butter as much, if not better, and it's a WHOLE lot cheaper.

Remi
29th November 2006, 08:32 PM
I've kind of been wondering about the Kong paste too, Natalie. I think we are just going to use all-natural peanut butter and other treats, it seems much healthier.

murphy's mum
29th November 2006, 08:41 PM
I used the paste and my boy loved it then I read the ingredients, my god no wonder the recommend you only give them a small amount. Tried peanut butter after that but the spoiled wee lamb wouldn't touch it

Barbara Nixon
29th November 2006, 08:56 PM
I tried the puppy for my adults and they loved it. The problem was that it didn't go very far because I constantly forgot to shake the can.

Lindsay
29th November 2006, 09:02 PM
What does it do if you don't shake the can? icon_nwunsure

moniechris
29th November 2006, 11:45 PM
My shih tzu has really bad food allergies and I believe that contains wheat and soy (his biggies). It is really just doggy junk food and I wouldn't recomend feeding it to any dog, much less a cavalier with a sensitive tummy.

Wet dog food (which my boys only get as a treat) works just fine and I know it isn't going to upset anyone's allergies. They looooove peanut butter too, but I only give about a tablespoon. I also pop it in the freezer to make it last longer (and it is a lot less messy!!) ;)

Sally
30th November 2006, 12:59 AM
I looked at the can too, and also decided to just go with natural stuff. I usually put chopped up frozen carrots or apple pieces or green beans, but last week I shredded some carrots and stuffed the kong with those and a couple itty bitty buddy biscuits, then covered the top with peanut butter. She wouldn't rest until every shred of carrot was gone. ;)

Natalie
30th November 2006, 08:59 AM
yes i tried putting a dab of peanut butter at the end last night and she loved i cut up tiny pieces of kibble, tiny pieces of treats and a little bit of chesse. Then put it in freezer for 30 mins. Other half thought i was crazy but she loved it kept her occupied for a while so we could watch tv in peace. But then she had a mad 10 mins then fell asleep.
Definetly not going to touch the kong paste yuck all those perservatives and adatives. (sorry about spelling i am dylexic)

Barbara Nixon
30th November 2006, 01:13 PM
If you don't shake the can, it doesn't bulk out; rather like the cans of whipped cream.

ellie and charlie
30th November 2006, 04:38 PM
i think its a waste of money,as above i use peanut butter or meat spread.