• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

But it looks so real

Cathy T

Poor Jake had an upset tummy the other night (barfing kind). He was drooling and having a hard time swallowing. I could tell he was ready to toss his cookies. I gave him a pepcid and a little canned i/d food. That wasn't enough. So, he went outside to eat grass. Poor baby...our grass isn't real...it's artificial! He looked so confused. I ended up taking him out front and letting him eat a little real grass to see if it would help him toss up. He ended up being okay, after they both slept with me in the spare bedroom (hubby has to get up early so I wanted him to be able to sleep). Jake was fine the next morning. But I felt so bad when he was trying to eat the fake grass!!

Poor baby! Glad you could fine the real stuff for him. Isn't it odd how grass does the trick? I have some "cat grass" that I grow indoors, I got it at PetSmart ages ago. I steer the dogs to it so I don't have to worry about the chemicals that get spread around during the summer. And, Barkley, our cat, thinks he is quite the gourmet since he "grows" his own. 8)
JaneB

That is hysterical!! I just burst out laughing in my cubical at work!!! Poor little guy!! I'm glad his tummy is better now though.

Poor baby and yet very funny. I wish I had a spare room, then hubby could sleep in there and the dogs could sleep with me. On second thought, Faith can sleep with him,she snores just as loudly. :lol:

pet grass - JaneB

I bought a little container of pet grass at Pet Smart, but the one I got said to discard after a couple of weeks. I didn't notice anything that could be planted. May I ask what your set up is? I have a screened in porch, and this winter, I'd like to find a way to create a small area with some grass for Tucker.

Our backyard is all concrete with a patch of artificial grass to soften it. The dogs are used to the area of real grass. So, I put him on a leash and took him out to the front yard which is real grass. I let him eat a bit and his tummy did settle down.

Poor Jake! I can just see him cheweing the plastic grass! :) Glad he's better.

On small areas of grass -- I have read of people just laying down a couple of pieces of sod for dogs to do their business and these can be tossed out after a few weeks...

Awwwww {{{{{{{{Jake}}}}}}}} you poor little man :(

I think your Mamma and Daddy should get you some proper grass for your garden ;)

Hubby always says that our boys have the most expensive dog loo in town :lol: He bought really expensive turf for our grassed area and the dogs just love to pee on it and dig it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back