• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

groomer needed

brid kenny

I would love to get phoebe properly groomed for Christmas but am having no success getting someone,. Does anyone know of anyone in the greater lucan area and further.
You can pm me if you don't want to put info on the board.
Thanks in advance.
Brid

There's someone called Wizard of Paws in Blanchardstown; leaflets are on the counter at Petstop. Don;t know anything about them. Very hard to get in with the established city groomers; I was told a 2-3 month wait at Fitzpatricks in Cabra (who did Lily).

Brid, did you get sorted? I PM'd you some info. If you're still in need of a groomer, pm me before Sunday and I will give you another contact.

:flwr:

Brid what are you going to have trimmed on Phoebe?? I am taking Kosmo in this saturday and I am pacing around like a mad woman!! As much as I hate it, he really needs to get his feathers taken off. :( We walk outside so much and they get so dirty that there's no way I can clean them with just a towel. He then sits on my furniture and leaves big muddy spots. I also need to get his bum bum hair taken off because he keeps getting hair obstruction when.. :grnyuk: Anyways I hope everything turns out OK I think I am as nervous about this as I was when he got neutered! :yikes :yikes

Me too!!
I'm going to go for a fairly tight cut and then see from there. Good luck!!
Got my calendar today....it's gorgeous!!!

If you want your dog to have shorter hair but not shaved you could ask the groomer to use a carding technique on the dog rather than trim. This means the hair is thinned out and does not look as severe as when they are shaved.

I keep the bottom of the paws trimmed and the inside of the ear for cleaniness. Thinking about doing Mollys bum hair now as its getting a bit dirty :yuk:

Good luck!

A little shaved/trimmed tri-angle shape under the tail/bottom area keeps all bottoms clean and tidy!
Mine all stand to be trimmed and are well used to it, start it as pups and they don't seem to mind. It only needs doing once a month with paws and nails.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Wow, it's amazing that you cannot find a groomer. Around here there are lots of them, although appointments have to be made well in advance. Tucker has a groomer that comes to get him at my house. She and her sister own the business. They have a van equipped with a generator for electricity and running water as well as a big giant sink.

On the hair cutting, I have Tucker's bum trimmed and his slippers (whatever they're called). He's being groomed next week and I'm going to have his ears trimmed as they'll be touching the ground soon. He's such a little guy with these big long ears.

Wow! That's one problem I don't have. Around here, there are many groomers from which to choose.
  • - Most vets have a designated groomer in the clinic.
    - All pet supply shops offer grooming.
    - All boarding facilities also offer grooming.
    - Plus there are many grooming shops and traveling groomers.
I can call two places that are with in a mile of my home and get a same-day appointment most times. There are probably 12 other groomers with in a 10 minute drive. I guess I've been taking this luxury and convenience for granted!

Mic, my next-door neighbor told me she has to wait weeks to get an appointment for her two yorkies to be groomed. I always book Tucker's next appointment when he's groomed. They're usually pretty booked. It as bad as getting a salon appointment for myself with a hot hair stylist!

Oh go for thininning and possibly a light trim, not a tight cut! Cavaliers just look like short coated jack russells or bull erriers with a spaniel head when they are cut tight; they are SO SAD and I think, ugly. All that makes them so distinct in appearance is totally gone. A neighbour does her two dogs down tight and people around here who like dogs always ask me if they are even the same breed as mine; they cannot believe they are. :( :(

A good professional show conditioner helps dirt just slide right off the hair shaft -- look for something silicone based or ask show breeders. I like 'The Stuff' that Aaron suggested (via his aunt); you can just spritz lightly on the coat and brush thru, a little goes a long long way and they stay really clean.

Brid, I don't think you should get Phoebe a tight cut at this time of year.
I always let Rudee's coat grow out for the winter months and only got her a tight cut in late spring and summer as that's when she spent most of her time in the water.

Funnily enough! NO ONE ever said that she looked UGLY when she was trimmed either. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

:flwr: :flwr:

Claire, I remember you were the first person I ever sent a pm to, because I loved how your Rudee looked in her shorn coat. She was of course exceptionally beautiful but some of us girls rely on our hair a bit more to enhance our overall appearance. :)

Back