PDA

View Full Version : Guy...related to Whitney and my Jack...

Nicki
30th November 2006, 10:34 PM
Jack's breeder asked me to do some work on a photo of her dog, Guy, for next year's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club Yearbook...

I had to remove the background and add in some colour...

She was very pleased and has given me permission to post it here...Guy is {Alison's} Whitney's litter brother, same parents but different litter from my Jack, and half brother to my Kyla.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Guy.jpg

I think he is just stunning, he has qualified for Crufts next year :mexwav: and I'm going to go down to see him...WOO HOO!!!

Claire L
30th November 2006, 10:45 PM
Wow Nicki, that is one beautiful Cavalier!!!
Great photography - well done you :thmbsup:

Nicki
30th November 2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks Claire...sadly I didn't get to take the photograph - shame I would love to have a chance to cuddle that wee fellow :D I just worked on it, the background was houses and fences, and we wanted to make him stand out.

Lisa_T
30th November 2006, 11:37 PM
Did you smudge around him and then put a smudge fill of colour in? :D Beautiful work! I'd like to know how you did it if my guess above was too simplistic...

molly
30th November 2006, 11:42 PM
Oh, Nicki, he is breathtakingly beautiful. And the picture you did is terrific! Nice work. I sure hope he wins at Crufts.

molly+charlies mum
1st December 2006, 12:36 AM
:l*v: handsome boy

Linda
1st December 2006, 12:44 AM
Oh My Nicki he is stunning, no wonder Whitney, Jack & Kyla are all so goregeous. :lotsaluv:

So are we all sending you orders now to do the same for us. ;) ;)

No wonder he qualified for Crufts he really is one absolutey beautiful cavalier.

You, Allison & Donna are all lucky that you are going to Crufts and get to see him in person.

Karlin
1st December 2006, 01:17 AM
That's lovely work on a lovely dog pic! Such a beautiful full coat!

Cathy T
1st December 2006, 02:02 AM
Wow...he absolutely takes my breath away!! What a totally stunning fabulous looking boy. Seriously...you should have heard me sigh as I scrolled down to see his picture!!

Cathy Moon
1st December 2006, 04:46 AM
What a beautiful boy! I just love that photo - wonderful work, Nicki!

Nicki
1st December 2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks everyone....I just think he is so lovely, it was a pleasure to work on him!!!

Originally I boosted the colours with the shadow/highlights tool {as I do with most digital photos} and sharpened the image a little.

I then had to select Guy from the background {using the magic wand tool in Photoshop, with lots of additions and subtractions, it took AGES :( }. Then feather that selection to give the soft edge.

I removed the colour from the existing background {desaturate - but don't use that to convert to black and white as it doesn't give a good range of tones}, then used a blurring filter on the background.

I then put colour back into the background, a bit of trial and error to see what looked best :D

Took most of the evening as I'm still learning Photoshop but it was good fun!!!

I might think about taking orders in the future Lulu LOL!!!