• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

sCAVengers...

Lisa_T

Not quite. The dogs were with me in the bookshop last saturday, and a guy had left bags and BAGS of unwanted books in. Amber, naturally, was fascinated, and even Holly went to investigate, despite her dislike of big plastic rustley things that move (she usually barks at them). Then again, they smelt a bit.... odd.

See-

Oooh! Fun fun fun! Come see!
310585989_fe2ad7c4a7.jpg

Uh..ah... go on then.
310585993_118e5df2dc.jpg

And Holly the bookseller:
310585988_24634412fa.jpg

I LOVE these pixs. Amber is quite the adventerous girl and I love last one of Holly the bookseller. Great avatar too!

She does, doesn't she? Honestly, even given that all Cavs are by definition beautiful, I haven't seen many Cavs with as sweet a face as Holly. But then I'm biased.

Amber, on the other hand, is pure unadulterated mischief. A friend is currently taking great pleasure in saying 'I told you so!' because she's said from day one that Amber was going to be trouble. Friend has a theory that white blaze on any animal = Big Trouble, you see.. :D ;)

Those are great pictures. I love Amber up on the top of the bags. And you're right...Holly has the sweetest little face!!

Except that she looks slightly demented. The only way I could get her to pose was to move the ring so she could see it, but not get at it- and tell her to 'stay'. Thus the slight look of craziness in her eyes.... :D

lmallicoat said:
These are great! :flwr: I wish I could take my pups to work with me!

It kinda helps that my dad owns the bookshop... :D :D :D And one of the conditions of me working for him part time was that I could bring one or both dogs. During the week I don't usually bother- I only work two days, and am away at most for six hours. I get a friend to pop in on them to let them out etc. On Sat, though, I work all day, so Dad collects all three of us and all the associated paraphernalia. It's so funny because Amber LOVES sitting at the door of the store (I don't work in the shop itself, I work in the store, which is fitted up as an additional shop, but the door is kept closed and locked) and watching the world go by. Sometimes Holly joins her- and people out doing their shopping often do a double take at the sight! :lol: :lol:

Amber looks very cute and inquisitive, she's a beautiful girl. Holly's pic in front of the bookcase, would win a prize. She's gorgeous. (Although as you can guess, I'm sorta partial to Black and Tans.)

Holly looks beatiful, as always..

and I hate to say this but Amber looks like she's a little bundle of mischief!! :yikes

They look like they were having a ball! :)

:lol: Amber sure is a cutie. Her michievous ways (as well as her red coat ...) remind me of Lucky!!

All together now: "naughty ruby!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, she's been positively angelic today. I got a gorgeous photo of the two of them lying like sardines, heads tilted in same direction, and asleep or nearly so. Soooo cute. Even my grandmother is coming round. Nanny was talking away about the Cocker who lives behind her- she was talking for a good five plus mins- and the whole time Amber sat bolt upright in my lap, head tilting from one side to the other as she listened! It was funny.

That is sooo great that your grandmother is coming around!! :) I love the name Amber ... I was looking through your naming post and realized I'm the one who suggested it early on. Such a great name & suits her sweet face perfectly.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of Holly and Amber napping. :lotsaluv:

They look great, did they manage to pick out a Cavalier Book. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

All together now: "naughty ruby!"

Ditto :D :D :D

Holly looks like she is a very well behaved young lady. She is one gorgeous girl.

Amber is very sweet too, but I can relate to the naughty Ruby.
Hmmmmmmmmm wonder why. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Don't tell Darby I said that. :shock: :shock:

Holly is fantastic. I put some food in the oven a while ago, set the microwave timer (I don't understand the oven's. I can put a computer together, but I can't cope with kitchen appliances ;) ) and came into the living room. The telly was off so no background noise- I thought I'd hear the ping when the microwave went off. I didn't. Holly however did- she went from being a good little girl to dancing around and whirling in circles- looking expectantly at me- whirling again- until I decided to investigate. Thanks to her, I had a nice unburnt dinner.

Lani, thanks for the suggestion. I liked it at the time, but wasn't totally certain, but obviously it lingered in my mind. You're welcome to take credit! The photo of them lying sleeping together is the one in my new atavar.

Linda- don't worry. Your secret is safe. Wouldn't want to hurt Darby's feelings. Ruby owners need to stand together or be overwhelmed! :roll: :lol:

Back