PDA

View Full Version : vitamins

arasara
1st December 2006, 04:58 AM
Just wondering how many of you guys give your dog a daily vitamin?

Is it as important for a dog to have a daily vitamin as it is a person?

All of this talk about a maybe vitamin c deficeincy with Kosmo and his "fading nose" has got me wondering???

Kingofthehouse86
1st December 2006, 06:40 AM
Sara I give King a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement daily...I do this because I only want the best for my kid...I mean if I'm taking a daily supplement then I want my kid to have the same boost I'm getting...

I use Dr. Foster/Smith "Lifestages Select Adult", http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=14473&N=2001+114001 , it's got everything you could think of that Kosmo needs... and if you want vitamin C for your Kosmo try their new "Lifestages Select Vita C", http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=15239&N=2001+114001

I'm actually going to be getting the Vita C for King this month so if you want we can both try them and see how it works for our pups...

Sara I hope you find something for Kosmo...and Kosmo you be good as always...

judy
1st December 2006, 10:21 AM
i don't give Zack a multivitamin, i don't know if he needs it. the ingreidents on the bag of food sound nutritionally thorough, plus raw veggies he gets and occasional other stuff. But i don't know. I don't take a multivitamin myself. i don't get sick much and get mild cases when i do, never miss a day at work from illness, not in many years. i've taken multivitimins and other supplements at different times and have to say i could never tell if it was doing me any good or not because i didn't feel any different one way or the other.

The one thing that made a dramatic difference in how i felt and actually changed my life, was changing my food. On the advice of a highly recommended very intuitive nutritionist, i made very big changes in what i did and didn't eat, and almost right away felt a difference, and as the months went by and then the years, i felt better and better and ended up very healthy. In essence, it was a low allergen selection of foods, and also no salt and no sugar. Very powerful effect in terms of my health.

My vet recommended that i sprinkle Missing Link on Zack's food. I got some. Reading the label on that can really sounded like the healthiest food in the world in terms of nutrition, every possible nutrient a body could need. i didn't end up giving it to him though, based on the 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it' principle.

Darby's Mom
2nd December 2006, 01:13 AM
I give Darby 1/4 tsp of Solid Gold SeaMeal in each meal along with a half squirt of Salmon Oil.

Hope this helps!

Linda
4th December 2006, 03:16 AM
Hey Sara

Dudley & Darby get a Multi Mineral Complex Vitamin from Monica Segal 3 times a week. Monica advised that was sufficient, I also give them Solid Gold Seameal on their food.

You can have a look at www. monicasegal.com I still have some of her food next time I see you remind me to bring some over for Kosmo.
What do you think he will like meatloaf, fish or chicken. icon_whistling icon_whistling

arasara
4th December 2006, 03:57 AM
oh Linda as long as it's "human food" he could care less what form it's in.. :roll: I need to start him on a vitamin I guess.. I don't like his nose discoloring @ all!!

Thanks for all of your comments guys :)

Cathy Moon
5th December 2006, 04:17 AM
Sara, I have to give India vitamin C daily to help adjust her urine pH. This was prescribed by her vet. I buy 250mg chewables (for humans) and cut them in half with a pill cutter. She gets one half tablet every morning in her food. Any more than that seems to give her a tummy ache.