• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Belgium, Europe

flossie-spottie

Hi everybody, glad i found your site! Allways happy to talk to somebody about my cavalier and knowing that they really understand what i am talking about!
I post some picture of me and my blenheim cavalier, his name is "Spottie" because of the spots he has on his nose..he is 3 years old and i am really addicted to his love and he is my most precious thing on earth...
I used to have a yorkshire and he lived for allmost 18 years with us...i missed him when he had to go..but my Spottie all makes up for this loss, he is the sweetest, most beautiful en smartest dog. He loves children (eventhough he is not used to them, we do not have any children) is very kind with them, he is everybody's friend and most of all het is never a moment on his own. My husband does a lot of driving for his work and Spottie goes with him every day! He love's doing that, you can imagine.
Just a bit worried, he had some pain at his paws the last two days and crying when i pick him up in a certain way. He has to do a lot of stairs because we live on the first floor. But maybe it is because he went after a cat this week and my husband says: he ran a 100 km at 0-7 seconds and maybe he overdid himself and injured a muscle or something.
Nevertheless, very glad to have found you and hope to make a lot of friends here! :flwr:

http://foto.telenet.be/Photos/Album...xd0kaspfGAwyqudsHzzG0b4i6BX-UWTTibf6H2THayoux

Hi and Welcome to the board!
I really enjoy this site too- everyone here really understands my love for Coco. I'm sure you will love this forum too.

I'm from Canada, but I visited Belgium a little while ago. It's so beautiful- I had an amazing time. It was also the first time I saw a cavalier! I fell in love immediately.

Spottie is beautiful- i love his freckles! :l*v:
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice regarding the pain in his paws. I'm sure other members can help.
:flwr:

Welcome I am new also :flwr:

Snowglobe.gif

Hi, nice to meet somebody from Europe:) I am from Czech and our family has two cavalier´s boys. I visited Belgium in September, I was in Gent and Brussels - I like them, Gent is wonderful! And I say it not only because I met there two cavaliers, when I walked:))

Hi everybody! So nice to meet cavalier lovers from abroad.
Happy to hear you enjoyed Belgium so much!
What a coïncidence: i live and work in Gent and my cavalier came originally from the Czech republic!
I sometimes call him "ly little Czech boy"... :D
I finally succeed to add an avatar and will post some more pictures in the future.
I allways get so happy and charmed when i look at all these pictures of all of your cavaliers...they are so lovely i could eat them... ;)

Spottie is very handsome. Welcome to the site, it is a wonderful place. The love and the attachment that you feel for spottie is the same I feel for Tucker. I don't like to leave him alone either. I take him most places with me, or I don't go.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1

I hope he is okay. I just ordered Musher's Secret for Tucker. Before I take him outside this winter I will rub some on his paws. Hope he lets me do it. (see link above).

Nice to meet you. Greetings from Boston.

Flossie, it is great random :badgrin: Do you know, how much cavaliers live in Gent? May be, it were you, who I met with a blenheim boy on my walking :) Could I ask, from which czech breeding station do you have your Spottie?

Hi and Welcome to Cavalier Talk, my husband and I love Belgium and try to get out there once or twice a year - normally in Brugges.... our furbabies normally have a great holiday at nans.... :D

Oh thanks for the tip for helping his paws..i will try it. I picked him up for a few days so he did not have to do any stairs and i can tell it's going better now...
No Renie i don't think you've met me..i would certainly remember that! I don't know how much cavaliers there are in Ghent, i do not think too many because cavaliers are only getting popular the last 3 years (after i've got mine they all were jealous ;) ).
I do not know which station Spottie came from because he doesn't have a pedigree but i do not care so much about it, after my last doggy (yorkshire terrier) died after he was allmost 18 years with us i was very sad to have lost my little baby and i did not want to miss the love i've got from a pet and searched for another friend. So happy i found him, his freckles charmed me immediately and i am glad he is a puppy/doggy that has found a warm and loving home (like the most of them) and i will do anything for him and hope i can keep him with me untill he is allmost 18 too...

icon_welcome to Flossie & Spottie. I am glad to have someone from Belgium on the board. I have visited Belgium 3 times and hope to go again soon. I know people in Musson, Belgium. In every visit we intended to go to Ghent, Bruges and Antwerp, but haven't done so yet. That is high on the must-see list for my next visit to Belgium.

When I was a senior in high school, Chantal from Musson, Belgium came to live with us for a year. We have been friends ever since. It is now going on 25 years! Chantal has come to visit us twice, since she lived with us and we know her entire family now. She is married and has twin daughters. We stay in contact through email and we are anxiously waiting to hear if they liked the Christmas gifts we mailed them.

You are going to love this web board. Everyone is so friendly and any questions you have, will be answered by someone who has been through what you are going through.

Can't wait to see more pictures of Spottie.

thank you Charlene..hope when you come to Belgium next time, come to Ghent i would gladly show you around! And show you my Spottie of course!!!
Nice to hear you are friends for such a long time with chantal.....but Musson is in the south of Belgium and i live in Ghent more north, in the flanders.
I tried to post some pictures here directly beneath my text but can only put a link...
Love you cavs on the bed, they like it don't they?
I have a picture of Spottie just alike...i put the link below here...
Nice to have met you !
http://static.flickr.com/122/313973156_507afc6018.jpg?v=0

Flossie, thanks for the invitation. That is very generous.

I looked at the 2nd picture of Spottie and your blenheim and mine both have spots.
183323207_99577e4f4e_o.jpg

The reason I have so many pictures of my cavaliers on my bed, is because that is when they are not moving. :lol:

Yes i see it now....
They could be brothers...
I know what you mean "they are not moving"..
When i try to take a picture of Spottie he's allways being naughty..
Running away, looking the other way, when close he comes to lik me...
These pictures i have that are oké are just a moment of luck... :?

I can imagine that with 4 of these guys and girls you have your hands full....

You need to organize things a little more closely with 4 cavaliers, but they are such easy dogs. They learn quickly and want to be obedient. They are such good company. Most of the time they are sleeping all around me. Jolly isn't even 6 months old yet and doesn't chew anything he shouldn't. He has learned all his commands and isn't anymore trouble than the adult dogs. Of course, I take him to doggy day care while I am at work and that helps. He plays with other puppies while I am at work, so when I pick him up he is all played out.

Welcome Flossie and Spottie! i am glad you found us. Looking forward to knowing you.

I probably used bad word. So I didn´t meet the couple with a cavalier, but I only went around them and looked at the dog. I didn´t speak to them.
We also bought our Brian after we lost our beloved first dog. He was and still is the best medicine:) We never though, we will have once two dogs. However, cavalier is such a little angel, who could resist. But two cavaliers are maximum for us, because I have only two hands and i always must stroke them together at the same time, they are very jealous:)

I know about jealous...when my husband and I are cuttling (mostly to tease Spottie a bit) he comes onto the couch and in between us and licking me and putting the whole of his body on top of my face as if he wants to make a statement "this is my mummy!!!" but allways listens when I tell him to stop...after a while :)
Sometimes he stayes so close to us that we call him "little sticker"....

Back