• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

confused about feeding a puppy adult food..

Lisa_T

AS advised on various places here, I've been feeding Amber the same organic hypoallergenic dry food that Holly gets, with additions of fresh food- beans, celery, a little chicken, treats etc.

Then I followed one of Pat B's links from Cavalier Connection re keeping good heart health in Cavs, and find this:
http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html

The section in question is about large breeds, but it relates specifically to breeds which can be prone to hip displaysia (sp) which includes Cavs, if I remember rightly. This says you *should* feed a puppy formulation! Aggh.

And there's more contradictions to what I've already read further down! I'm starting to think dog feeding is as controversial as human!!

YOU ARE RIGHT ! :lol: But ..... there is no need to feed a puppy food if you are feeding a good quality all stage food ;)

It's not an all stage food- at least, I don't remember seeing stuff about puppy or senior formulations. Of course, some of this stuff says you shouldn't feed senior stuff either. Thankfully I don't need to worry about that yet. Then something else said not to feed anything with too much salt- which I thought made sense- only to read that feeding salt to dogs with a genetic predisposition to heart problems isn't actually a bad thing.

I need a nice violent smiley...

Thanks for posting the link, it has lots of good information. I added it to my bookmarks! :thnku:

Back