• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scared of Squeaky Toys??

Nisha

Anyone elses cavvy on here scared of squeaky toys?? i havnt really known my dogs to be scared of much..Monty maybe gets scared now and then but Milo - never....but yesterday i bought a squeaky ball toy for them thinking theyd love it and as soon as i squeaked it a couple of times they got soooo scared and wouldnt come near it!!! Milo (who isnt really scared of anything) became so scared he went and hid behind the couch in this tiny nook and not even food would cox him ouT! now thats crazy for him! he stayed there for about 15 minutes before he came out!

so just wondering if anyone elses cavvy is freaked of squeaky toyz.

Lady has always been scared of them, she is nearly ten now and is still scared so we keep them away from her when the over two are playing.

Sarah xx

Ours don't seem to be afraid of much of anything, with one exception: Our oldest dog Penny has been afraid of catch basins (street drains) and manhole covers since she was a puppy. If we try to get her close to one on a walk, she just whines and cries if we try to walk her too close to one.

Guess you never know what is going to scare a dog. Sure would be interesting what goes through their head to make them afraid.

Yeah I had a dog who was frightened of them. I just put the toy (we named him Sean the sheep!) in with the other toys. She played with it in the end and got masses of praise for making it squeak, bearing in mind she was a 5lb Yorkie it was hard for her to do. That toy was her favourite in the end. She's sqeak it over and over which always amused me. Aww bless, memories. Sean the sheep lost his ear in the end and wouldn't squeek. We still have him but not my dog. :(

Oh yes, Maxx has always been scared of squeaky toys too. He is also terrified of this toy I bought him last Xmas. It's a 'Mad cow' and just a cotton stuffed dog toy. For some reason he cowers when he sees it - so guess which toy Charlie wants to play with all the time :roll: ?

I think I'm going to have to wash it and donate it to the rescues..... :lol:

Mine aren't afraid of the squeaky toys, but Spencer is PETRIFIED of any toy with a heartbeat! :roll: I know they make these toys for newly separated pups, but we never bought one. But my little baby neice has a teddy bear with a heartbeat to emulate her moms and Spencer cowers and digs behind me to hide! What a man :roll:

My two love squeaks! The only thing they have been afraid of is a talking Simba the lion. I won it on a tombola at a rescue show for Goldens so didn't realise it talked. Merlin practically peed himself the first time he managed to bite the right place to make it talk. Out came " lets go to the prideland!" and whoosh Merlin was gone :lol: :lol: :lol: Now Oakley just barks at Simba. The pair of them now love Simba because he is bigger than the pair of them so they can batter Simba...... and then then make friends with him ( if you know what I mean! :lol: )

My boy goes crazy for a squeaky toy, wether it's a soft toy with one or his newspaper that has a really loud annoying squeak :roll:
He tries to lift toys off the shelf in PAH, so embarassing as he's very obvoius :sl*p:

:lol: :lol: this reminds me of our very first cav danny a blenheim boy and he was absolutely terrified of his squeaky newspaper.if he was being naughty (chewing/biting)my mam would get his newspaper and squeak it and he would run a mile bless him. i was only bout 6 but i found it very amusing and it really did do the trick :lol:

phoebe loves her sqeaker! shes always squeaking the flippin thing lol.

308951402_1be34a118b_o.jpg

its a love hate thing

Kirsty that is so funny! My parents have a "bouncing santa" and it bounces and sings this little bouncing Christmas song...I thought Spencer was going to climb the tree to get away from it last year! All the while we had to restrain my lab as she just wanted to kill it! :lol:

cool thanks for that...i thought my boys were the only 2!

hopefully they will like it time..last night i put a little bit of cream cheese on it and took the ball over to them...milo cowered but when he saw Monty licking it he ran over and started licking....they played with it after that but when they held it in there mouth they never pressed hard enough to squeak it...i accidently stepped on it and it squeaked and now theyre scared of it all over again :roll: ..maybe ill just have 2 get rid of the toy!

We have loads of squeaky toys and they all love them except for Percy the Pig.... which is horrendous... Ozzy loves it though and runs around after Woody and Busta with it - great fun....

Well he ball that i got wasnt actually a "dog toy"..i think it was like for humans...so do you think the squeak could be different or something??

Nisha - don't get rid of it! Use it to deter bad behaviour instead of the rolled up newspaper! I wish I could find something Scampi was afraid of to use then.

Back