• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wesley is home!!

My Wesley

Oh you guys! He's such a sweet heart! He cried on the way home, obviously being unfamiliar with the car and surroundings. But since we've been home he's been fantastic! He's gone potty outside twice now and no accidents in the house. It only takes him about one minute to go outside. He loves to run and play and loves to drag around his blanket. He's now sleeping peacefully in his crate. What a good boy!

Wesley011small.jpg

Wesley012small.jpg

Wesley027small.jpg

Wesley026small.jpg

Wesley031small.jpg

Aw, he is so adorable! Fantastic that everything is going so well! :D
Can't wait to see some more pics!

He's such a little cutie. What a gorgeous face he has. You'll be wrapped around his little paw already :lol:

He is adorable!!! I'll bet you are so happy that now the wait is over!!!

:drivecar:

Looking foward to seeing lots more pictures in the weeks and months ahead!! :flwr:

Ahhhhhh.... what a GOOD boy! He is a doll!
Glad to see he is adjusting to his new home so easily!

What wonderful pictures! I love the sleeping picture with him all swadled up! Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations! He's such a cute boy and it's fantastic that everything is going so well :flwr:

aw--how wonderful. :flwr:
how old is he now?
i'm glad you mentioned about him crying on the way home. Zack did that, which i wasn't prepared for, and i haven't heard about other people say it's happened to them. i had expected he would be happy to go on the adventure, i thought we had bonded, i'd visited him 4 times and spent time with him. Other dogs i'd had always were happy to go (from the pound). I called my daughter from my cell while driving home. she said her cavalier didn't cry on the way home from the breeder. i wasn't sure if he was sick, or just griefstricken. He seemed ok once we got home, playful, exploring, affectionate, but he had bad diarrhea which i thought might be related to the way he cried in the car, the sounds he made were just heartbreaking. the only way to help quiet him was to drive with him in my lap. i hadn't expected it at all. i think it means they were well socialized and bonded to the home they are coming from, a good thing--i just didn't grasp that a dog would experience such grief in that situation.

Awwww, so sweet. Bet you are excited he is finally home! You are in for a lot of fun.

He has grown up so fast!!! He is beautiful! I am so excited that he is home and we can see regular pictures :D

Oh wow he is so lovely. Very nice markings. I see by that little foot you have kid/s. What do they think of the new addition? My daughter is 19 and still wants me to keep the day Dylan is coming home a secret (but I'll tell you, it's Friday). She wants to come home from work and find him there! I'm tempted to take him into her work but he might be frightened, she works in a busy hair sallon.

keep the pictures coming. And tell me how he sleeps first night and if you keep the crate door shut etc. I want all your fresh advice! You better hope he gets potty trained quick, I like the cream carpets ;)

What a cute little boy. :) Congratulations.
Don't they sound so pitiful when they cry. I made my husband pull over so I could ride in the backseat with Lexie. She finally went to sleep after 5 minutes.

:lotsaluv: Gorgeous puppy! I love the picture of him biting the blankie. :luv: Glad to hear things are going well with Wesley.

He is doing SO fantastic. Immediately goes potty outside. Doesn't mind the cold. (about 15 degrees F right now). Sleeps in his crate, doesn't whine, etc. I couldn't ask for anything better! I will let you all know how the first night goes!

He is beautiful. Very cute and it looks like he's settling in well. Fergus slept on my lap the whole way home when we picked him up. My husband was driving. Cooper whined a little as we drove away from the breeders but after that also slept for most of the way. I love that first night at home with them exploring their new house. I remember Cooper was so little he couldn't climb onto his mattress by himself and he looked like a little furball. For the aussies out there my brother called him the "little wombat" I can't believe he was ever that small.

Back